Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

3821 - 3831 of 3831 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Unfortunately a country like Switzerland with absolutely no natural resources has next to zero drill rigs. I therefore leave it to Bob or anyone else to get this one, sorry.

Ride safely

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
The glacier on my street finally melted enough to allow me a path up to the main street after our snow storm from almost 2 weeks ago. Denver doesn't plow or treat secondary roads so I am at the mercy of warm temperatures and sun to clear my street. Even still I had to maneuver around icy stretches in the shadows. In that Drilling Rigs are mobile, finding one can be a bit of a challenge. So I decided to go to the source and I went to Dakota Drilling here in Denver. https://www.dakotadrilling.com/

Here is a picture of my Tiger at Dakota Drilling and with a Drilling Rig.

For my new challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger at a Boarding Kennel for Dogs.

Have an enjoyable ride playing Tiger Tag-O-Rama and be safe.

Bob

·
Registered
429 Posts
Old challenge "...your Tiger at a Boarding Kennel for Dogs". Here you go, Bob:

The sign reads "Sunnyhill Dog and Cat vacations". Here is a second one, even with a couple of dogs and a dog mural:

That pet playground looks much more inviting than the one's we humans had when I was a kid...
Here is a picture of the indoor riding arena of our local equestrian club:

So the new challenge is your bike with anything equestrian, like e. g. a riding school, horse stables, a horse in the flesh etc. - just be creative.

Ride safely

Pete

·
Registered
429 Posts
Old challenge "...a picture of your Tiger with some Christmas Holiday Decoration":

For the new challenge I would like to see your bike with a memorial or a statue of a military leader:

This is the memorial of General Friedrich Freiherr Baron von Hotze who was killed at this very spot while fighting to protect Switzerland from a French invasion in 1799.

Ride safely

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Here you go Pete... My Tiger at the Memorial Statue for Danny Dietz, Jr. a local young man who was a Navy SEAL killed in Afghanistan. I consider him a Military Leader and I trust you will as well. http://www.dannydietzmemorial.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=113

For my new challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger with something that is Free. There are a number of Little Free Libraries all around Denver. Take a book...leave a book. https://littlefreelibrary.org/ No doubt finding a Little Free Library like this would be a serious challenge, but hopefully with a little thought and effort you can find something that is Free and signage that indicates that.

Bob

·
Registered
429 Posts
I suppose, Bob, you checked on little free library and saw that they have locations available in Switzerland. Indeed they do, but they are all inside a building, often in a village library. So there is no chance to get them with the bike in the picture. I am on the lookout for two weeks now, but didn't find anything that was free. We have second hand or charity shops in nearly every town, so if you have something to give away you'd usually give it to them - and then it's no longer free, as the shops charge for the goods.
However, the forecourt next to my place where my Tiger is parked was recently newly paved and the owner advertises some leftover paving stones that he's willing to part with for free:

Of course this is against the spirit of the game, but I promise this is an exception - and I have asked Bob beforehand if that's OK with him. And also, the following picture was certainly taken a bit further afield, so I got my two hours ride in the end:

So the new challenge is your bike at the railway station.

Ride safely

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
The glacier in front of my house, that precluded me from doing my annual New Year's Day Ride, finally opened up a path that allowed me to get on my Tiger and ride today. Sunny and 40 degrees I did have an enjoyable ride.

So Pete, here is my Tiger at Union Station in downtown Denver.

For my new challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger at a University/College.

Bob

·
Registered
429 Posts
Old challenge "...a picture of your Tiger at a University/College".
Have you ever wondered why all buildings built after the second world war are so extremely ugly? Well, the Swiss are to blame for that, to be precise this lunatic. So most of our university buildings are just drab concrete blocks. However, the university of applied science houses their school of engineering in a building that was build before the aforementioned chap was around:

I shot that picture while heading towards the Fourth Reich. At international borders there is always a big sign stating the name of the country that you are entering. I never understood why countries do that. Do they think someone might get here and then saying "Darn, I got it wrong, I wanted to go to Slovenia"?

So the new challenge is your bike at a border. No Bob, you won't have to plan another route to Baja California. You need not to picture an international border. I accept state, county and city borders just as well.

Ride safely

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Well Pete, I wanted to get a picture of a sign that was not your typical sign when leaving Denver and crossing into another city. I knew there was one that designated the boundary of Denver and Aurora and it happens to be on US 40, East Colfax Avenue, as it runs through the metroplex. As you can see it is a busy street but I was able to get the picture without causing too much of a traffic snarl...

My next challenge is one we haven't had for a while... I would like a picture of your Tiger with some Smoke. This happens to be smoke from a BBQ Pit I came across while out and about today. The smoke can be from any source and if smoke is not achievable I will accept steam.

Bob

3821 - 3831 of 3831 Posts