Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was woindering.I have a 2001 Tiger 955i.Can anyone tell me if I could use the Daytona 955i/speed tripple from 2002.Are the engines close?I found a PDF manual online.Would be nice if I didnt have to go buy a hard copy.

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
If it's the Haynes manual, it should cover all Triumph triples from 1999 to 2005. So you should be fine. Haynes also updated their Triumph triples manual to cover the 06 alloy wheel models later.

Remember if the pdf version of the manual is online, it's a breach of copyright, and classified as theft. This site's Acceptable Use Policy won't condone this, so please don't post a link to the pdf file here.

Enjoy your project, it's looking like a cheap bike, once you get it running....

Mick :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tiger 2005 manual

Hi Mike,

I have a cast wheel Tiger. I've been looking for a Haynes manual and recently emailed Haynes. The reply said that they didnt produce a version for the later model and were not likely to in the future.

Maybe you can point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
CW, I can't show you the cover of mine, it's not with me and I'll be away for a week.

The details are
Book :
3755 ISBN:

At least that's what I believe I ordered. There are very few differences between the 05 and 06, mainly the wheels and the rear swing arm.

If you talk to a reputable Haynes outlet, they should be able to help you out. It sounds like you got someone who just reads the script.....

Interestingly, I had a 99 Speed Triple and sold the Haynes manual along with it, then ordered a new manual when I got the 06 Tiger. The manual was almost identical, although it did have a small bit about the cast wheel model.

Mick :cool:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Can I suggest you get the Factory manual, that way you will have the genuine, correct information. for the 2006 models, you want the latest version......... it's important as the first edition does not cover the important changes.
Miker, can I add the following to your list of differences; crankcases (1050), gearbox and backlash eliminator clutch.
Roy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts