Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody let me know is there a way to lower this bike like 2” thanks

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Hi,

Yes, it is possible to lower the bike. You can sit the forks higher up in the yolks, and you can take some of the metal out of the rear shock. Check this out:

If you lower the bike, remember to make the side and centre stand shorter too :)

edit: oh, and I forgot to say, you can get a seat with some of the padding taken out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Yes, it is possible to lower the bike. You can sit the forks higher up in the yolks, and you can take some of the metal out of the rear shock. Check this out:

If you lower the bike, remember to make the side and centre stand shorter too :)

edit: oh, and I forgot to say, you can get a seat with some of the padding taken out.
Thank you for the reply

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I did that mod after too much procrastination and fretting over spending big bucks on the lowering shock.
1100 miles so far without issue. I should have done it a long time ago, but I do realize that it's beyond many riders abilities or shop equipment.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Two more ways: 1. Ensure your seat is set at the lowest of the three available positions.

2. Turn the chain adjusters 180°. This will give you about 1½", I think. You'll need to install a short spacer and a longer bolt at the rear of the chain guard. Raise your forks in the triple clamps by a similar amount. The same applies about your side and main stands as mentioned above. Give this a try, it costs you nothing and you can easily change back to the original setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts