Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve only owned my tiger for a week but I’m noticing when coming off the throttle and engine braking or just riding slowly around car parks I’m getting quite a lot of what I can only describe as a rough bearing sound or grating sometimes even sounds similar to the stand scraping in the ground and I feel slight roughness through the foot pegs I was wondering if anyone has come across this before or has any suggestions. The chain tension has been checked and is all good. I have heard that these are a noisy engine/ gearbox but it just doesn’t feel right.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Hi mate.....welcome to the forum :)

Nope......that doesn't sound right ?? :unsure:

I suppose the first thing would be to find out if it's engine / gearbox / clutch related, or "other" parts of the bike related ??

I would have thought if it was engine/gearbox/clutch related that noise/roughness would change as you rev the bike.....does that happen, or is it a constant ??

If it's "other" related, the things I would check are wheel bearings, brake pads, front sprocket loose, chain tension guides, anything rubbing against something it shouldn't be rubbing against ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your reply’s the noise doesn’t really seem to change with rpm I have had it running on the centre stand with it in gear and can’t hear any noise so I presume it’s just when under some sort of load. I will get hold of a 36mm socket and check the front sprocket and have also just been reading about the chain guide that wears so I’ll also check this as that kind of makes sense the way the noise sounds. Again thanks for replying and I’ll update this with anything I find for future reference 👍🏼

1 - 4 of 4 Posts