Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone upgrade to a Tiger 900 or 1200 from a Tiger 955i? Really like the power of my 2003 955i Tiger and wondering about power differences with the new bikes? The power and weight of 955i seams to fall right in the middle of both 900 and 1200 making it still perfect but an upgrade would be nice.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
If you're the right height, weight, and strength levels, then the 1200 would be the logical choice for me. That was always the way I was going to go after selling my 955. The 955 just din't quite have the power I was after when accelerating out of bends on the twisties.

Good luck with your choices, and let us know how you get on (y)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bucket load of variables here , not really any bad bikes any more so down to your preference. I’m in my 50’s and got rid of my GS 1200 because of weight , tiger 800 suits me fine , it’s an XR and I have no ambition to go of road , certainly not on 200kg +.
The wife is not a biker so don’t need more power than 94bhp travelling solo even with luggage . I don’t look out for dual carriageways or motorways my riding style is suited to twistys & single track highland roads where speed is around 50-70 mph.
Depends on your budget , if buying new don’t discount the 850sport , real value for money that one .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I upgraded to the 1200 from a 955i. Really liked the 1200 for the power and comfort, and the shaft drive. The only thing I didn't like was the weight.. I have a KTM 1290 now, which I can actually get up on the centre stand unaided

1 - 4 of 4 Posts