I am fortunate to now own the new 2020 Tiger 900 Rally Pro! Very excited about it, really ready to put it to the test. I still have my 2018 Tiger 800 XCA as well, until I get the 12K service done and it sold. But in the meantime, I would love to help anyone that has specific questions between the two. I will keep a running list here, but feel free to ask what you want. I will bust out the caliper too in some spots. Answers to come in time
- Are the wheels interchangeable between the two? Looking to get tubeless on my 800.
- The front cannot, the hub and brake discs are too wide (10MM wider than the '18). The hub packing is also a different size, but could possibly be packed with the '18 components as the inner diameter of the hub is the same. I've got photos and caliper readings if desired.
- Rear: TBD
- Is the sump / skid plate the same?
- Not at all, the sump is thinner and longer. The bash plate was fully redesigned (I DO NOT like it) and mounts on the side of the sump rather than directly at the bottom for all connections.
- Clearance from ground to skid plate?
- Are the seat pans the same? (IE could you swap seats between them)
- Nope, they redesigned both seats. Most notable is that the front of the seat connects directly onto the gas tank. The redesign does allow for a thin and secure connection it seems.
- I am curious as to the number of teeth on the front and rear sprockets.
- Front 16T; Rear 50T
- Quick shift limitations?
- Quick shift does not work in some off-road mode, very low RPM's, or without throttle (still testing this).
- What aftermarket components are cross compatible?
- Doubletake mirror (Same threading)
- 2018 Tiger Barkbusters (The fit isn't 100% perfect, but will certainly do it)
- Whats the RPM at 70mph in 6th?
- 4440 RPM
- Can you swap the forks?
- No*. 900 forks are thinner and longer, with the neck being a bit longer too. Inner fork tube is 45mm (800 is 43mm) and outter tube is 53mm (800 is 55mm).
- *it could be possible, if you also brought over the triple tree and used the 800's stem. Unsure of inner neck diameter of the 900 at this time.