Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
It shows up in style 2 and 3 but not in 1 and 4
Hi, To see the service tray with the odometer reading - don't use the Home button. Use the Joystick button on the left hand side. You have to be in either style 2 or 3. If you are already using style 2 or 3 just push the joystick up or down until you get to the screen that shows TPMS. Now push the joystick to the right or left and you should then see the service tray with current odometer reading.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, To see the service tray with the odometer reading - don't use the Home button. Use the Joystick button on the left hand side. You have to be in either style 2 or 3. If you are already using style 2 or 3 just push the joystick up or down until you get to the screen that shows TPMS. Now push the joystick to the right or left and you should then see the service tray with current odometer reading.
Thanks. Finally got it. Should be an arrow in the TPMS tray that show it’s more to see, and it should be in all styles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Somewhat random question. Been breaking in my GT Pro and really enjoy the bike, but in one online review they mentioned some heat from the radiator. I have noticed this as well, but only on the left side. In fact, that side seems to get hot fairly quickly (first 10' riding) and stays quite hot on the left while the air coming off the right side is barely warm. Any thoughts or is this just the consequence of a split radiator and how its plumbed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great review Coach, I got my 900 GT Pro three days ago and am leaning towards a lot of your views as to the bike. Mines black so most likely doesn’t go as fast as yours 😎. i Also have all the luggage too which I did think at the time didn’t really look like the money I had spent on it. A couple of little niggles include the damn Din power sockets... not their best idea. Also another small thing is the odometer... cannot seem to find it even though in the handbook it says it’s included in the service tray. All I have there is how many miles left before it’s service??

But overall happy and looking forward to when the borders open.... then I’m off.

T999
I discovered the same problem finding the odometer. Did some research. Get this, it only appears in the service tray on the 2 and 3 layouts! My prefered layout is 4 and hence why I couldn’t find it. This must be have been overlooked when designing the software as there is plenty of room.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Somewhat random question. Been breaking in my GT Pro and really enjoy the bike, but in one online review they mentioned some heat from the radiator. I have noticed this as well, but only on the left side. In fact, that side seems to get hot fairly quickly (first 10' riding) and stays quite hot on the left while the air coming off the right side is barely warm. Any thoughts or is this just the consequence of a split radiator and how its plumbed?
I live in south Texas and I get no heat at all from either side. I came from a bike that got very hot on the right (S1000XR) and wanted to be sure to get a bike that did not have the same problem. I have ridden for several hours in the 90's with no heat issues at all. I do have the GT Pro.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks satxbiker. My Street Twin before that and Yamaha 650 were both a bit hot under the seat, but this is very noticeable on the left knee even with kevlar. I will make some measurements and have service check it out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've just switched from an early Sprint 1050 which used to get uncomfortably hot around the legs even on short journeys, to a GT pro. I have only done a few hundred miles on it so far, but some with pillion and luggage in warm weather. I am happy to report there are zero issues of heat from the engine, its completely unnoticeable. Time will tell if is the same in really hot weather but so far it's just not an issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Came from a Suzuki 650 V-Strom (2009 model). Comparatively speaking, Tiger does emit heat on the left side of the bike very quickly, but I found it very reasonable. If it gets really warm, the right side starts doing it also. But again, my Suzuki made zero heat so some heat is noticeable for me hah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 900 GT Pro now has 6K miles on it and have never had to adjust the chain tension and check it all the time. I do notice heat from the front but even when the temp was in the 90's, it was not that uncomfortable. My right hand index finger does get numb at times but nothing to worry about. Also, with 6K miles on the tires it looks like I can go at least 3K more before having to change tires. This bike does everything that I want it to do. This is my third Tiger and by far the best.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great thread. My thoughts after a few weeks of ownership:

Positives

Comfortable 1 and 2 up, easy to ride, superb handling, suspension and performance. Love the eager engine, especially now it's run in and I can give it the beans a little! The T-plane crank and firing order do add to the character (but see below re vibes). The stock exhaust sounds great. The rider modes work well and I can actually notice the difference between them. The lights are superb. Bar the weird rev counter graphic, I really like the TFT for presentation, visibility and customisation options. My wife finds the pillion seat very comfortable but the factory seat rest pad on the top box does push her forward a little. The heated seat takes quite a long time to get up to temperature, but when it does it's very warm (almost too warm on the highest setting). The quick shifter works very well though very occasionally it is reluctant when shifting down, though this could just be me getting used to it.

Niggles (mostly minor)

Vibration through the bars can become a little intrusive at times. It seems a little worse in sport mode and if you hold on to the gears for longer when riding more enthusiastically. When I am 2 up, riding more sedately and changing up earlier, it's fine.

The navigation works, but the app is poor with very limited functionality. The music player starts, stops and changes tracks but the volume control doesn't work. They tried to fix this at the first service but no joy, they have reported it back to Triumph. Not a big deal as I can do it via the headset.

The heated grips are weedy and don't really get warm enough.

The under seat phone holder is too small for a larger phone.

Overall though I love it and am very pleased with my choice. I'm really looking forward to taking it on some European tours next year, Covid-19 allowing.

Edit: I've just realised my experience of the heated seats and grips is the polar opposite of the OP which is weird!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agree with what you just said about the Tiger GT Pro. I am so use to shifting that I do not use the quick shifter so can not comment on that. But on the vibration I can. When I am doing the twisties that is when my finger goes numb. When I am using the cruise, no numbness. Must be the way I grip the throttle when doing the twisties quickly. Others have ridden my Tiger 900 and all have said it is a fantastic bike.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts