Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I sold my tiger 885i a little over a year ago I removed the pannier hard case luggage to fit onto the 955i I had just bought to replace it. Today I finally got round to fitting the brackets and fixings onto my 955 as I plan on doing a fair bit of touring this year. Now I always thought that the 885i and 955i girlys were identical bikes apart from the motor however I have to say I have struggled to make these brackets fit. once in place on the main frame (you cant really get them wrong there is only one way they will fit) I could not get the plastic bodywork that sits under the luggage rack back on, and the pillion seat would not fit either, I have had to make up spacers and modify one or two pieces to make them fit, I have checked on world of triumph and they list the exact same pannier system for the 885 and 955, (although they are no longer available) but there must be a slight difference in the frame or body work because they fitted the 885 easy.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm......can you post some pics to show us what you mean, I'm not quite picturing it ??
Hi Greame, I have sorted it now, it took a great deal of moving adjusting bending reshaping ect, but you would of thought that these panniers were just not made for this bike, yet the fitting kit went on and off the 885 no problem. I have added some pics of how it now looks with the panniers on, the last 2 pics are of the brackets when they were mounted on my old 885i, I fitted and removed them on and off the 885i several times in my ownership never had a problem, but on the 955i they seemed to sit too high and the rear panel under the luggage rack would not go back on, neither would the pillion seat, its took a couple of hours of moving bending adjusting ect to make them fit, like I said its almost as if they simply wasn't made for that bike, I got there in the end but im still thinking the earlier bikes must of been slightly different in some way because it really wasn't as simple as remove from one bike and drop on the other.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Can't think of a better bike to do your planned trips on that this one. Like you, I thought they were essentially the same frame so I'm surprised they didn't just fit straight on. You're perseverance has paid off though, they look like a perfect fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts