Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Tiger 1050 Sport and at highway speeds I get a fair amount of wind buffeting off the OEM screen, even when in the highest position.
Looking for suggestions on solutions, be it the addition on a spoiler or an after market replacement screen.

I have seen in other forum a recommendation for the
MRA 4025066115150 Touring Windshield for Triumph Tiger 1050 (2007-)

Welcome any opinions and experience, thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2017 Tiger 1050 Sport and at highway speeds I get a fair amount of wind buffeting off the OEM screen, even when in the highest position.
Looking for suggestions on solutions, be it the addition on a spoiler or an after market replacement screen.

the mra is on mine and im 6`2" and its fine if that's any help

·
Registered
Tiger Sport 2016
15 Posts

This is a Puig screen from xlmoto.com. $AUD 106.00 delivered. Ordered on the 4th of March and arrived today, via DHL. I'm 6'4" and was looking for a solution to similar problems. I'm fitting it now. Quality is great and it is much higher, about 6" or 150mm.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 749056
This is a Puig screen from xlmoto.com. $AUD 106.00 delivered. Ordered on the 4th of March and arrived today, via DHL. I'm 6'4" and was looking for a solution to similar problems. I'm fitting it now. Quality is great and it is much higher, about 6" or 150mm.
Thanks Baz. After reply above from Jay, I found the MRA would not fit the 2017, so I kept looking. This looks a good option. But I found one from PowerBronze in UK, a bit more expensive than this I will post an update shortly. Cheers

·
Registered
Tiger Sport 2016
15 Posts
I have ordered a Flip/Tall screen from PowerBronze in the UK:
TRIUMPH ,TIGER 1050 SPORT, 16-20 +100 MM 420-T113
Waiting for it to arrive, it is much taller that the standard but supposed to fit same mounts.
I will post pictures and details once it arrives.
Graeme, you may want to have a few of the rubber screen bolts, with the brass thread insert on hand. When I changed my screen they were pretty distorted and difficult to get a thread to take. I had a few spares on hand so I replaced them. You may not need them. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The new Power Bronze screen and the original side by side

Triumph Screen Orig v PowerBronze.jpg

How it looks on the bike. No ride yet, still raining here in Qld.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts