Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I get various recomendations on what the right tire pressures should be from the California Triumph dealers.
I have an 07 model and would appreciate some help or advice on what anyone else is doing with their Tiger pressures.

Cheers

britlad (California)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi All,

I get various recomendations on what the right tire pressures should be from the California Triumph dealers.
I have an 07 model and would appreciate some help or advice on what anyone else is doing with their Tiger pressures.

Cheers

britlad (California)

The correct pressures should be stated in the handbook. Metzeler UK recommend 2.4F/2.9R bar (35/42 psi). For the spoked-wheel 955i Metzeler recommend 2.5F/2.8R bar (36/42 psi), which is what Triumph list in the handbook.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I go by what the tire says on the sidewall. 40psi on my D616.
low 30s if I am going on forest service types roads.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
If your '07 is an early one (may be true for later ones also), the tire pressures (and tire sizes) listed on the headstock in front of the tank are WRONG. Someone from Mr. T listed the tire sizes and pressures for the '06 955i instead of the '07 1050.

Unless you are on the track, I would recommend keeping your tire pressures according to the owners manual and the Triumph Service Manual that list: 34 PSI (2.34 BAR) for the front tire; and 42 PSI (2.90 BAR) for the rear tire.

If you don't have a good, accurate tire gauge, I would recommend you do a search for Accugage and purchase one. They are the best I have found.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tire pressures

It depends on the tires, the temperatures of both the air and the road surface, and the weight (load) on the bike. I am on my second 2007 Tiger (buddy binned the first one) and have found that for the stock Michelin Road Pilot tires the recommended rear tire pressure of 42 is good unless the temperature is down in the 40's. If the air temp has been there for a few days the road surfaces will be cold and I'll get a noticeably better grip with a pressure of 40 psi. For the front, the book recommends 34 psi, but I find that to be on the low side. A pressure of 36 psi gives crisper turn-ins and less walk on uneven road surfaces. I'm 230 pounds, by the way, and usually carry another ten pounds in side and tank bags.

I have no experience with tires on the Tiger other than the Road Pilot I and Road Pilot II.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts