Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Though this might be useful to someone.....

Tiger 1050 handguards will go onto a 955 - with a small amount of alteration - here's how I did it.

First, you need to cut back a little bit of plastic at the bar-end end of both guards to fit the larger bar-end of the 955. Not much, see pic.

Don't use the pivot bolts supplied with the handguard kit (they are the wrong size for the 955) - instead reuse the stock bolts. To do this I needed to enlarge the lefthand handguard bracket top bolt hole to 8mm. Then the stock pivot bolt will fit straight in ( and you might want to grease them up at this point - mine were dry - thanks Triumph! ). You also need to reshape everso slightly the lefthand mounting bracket to the fit over the clutch housing. Finger job.

The right hand guard (once you've filed the plastic back) fits stright on.

Here's how they look on.

Nice job for a rainy day :cool:

Pluck

·
Registered
4 Posts
1050 Clutch Lever

That's good to know. Maybe this will help as well, I just replaced my 06 Tiger clutch lever with an adjustable one from the 1050 model. Only mod was to swap the 06 mirror mount with new mount to screw my mirror back in place. Hand guards I knew would be a problem. Thought I'd try new Tiger guards or 1200 GS guards like a friend has, but in the interest of time I zip tied the guard in place. Hasn't moved in 1400 miles.

Scott

·
Registered
88 Posts
I know this is an old thread but maybe some of you folks have tried this now and can let me know of any improvement in protection?:D

Dont have much of a problem with the cold but do find hands get much wetter than on my last bike, I had a 650 gs with handguards plus the spoilers, and it kept my hands dry in most conditions.

Dont fancy buying the Touratech ones as the price is a bit salty by the time you add the spoilers.

Excellent description of a job well done, by the way.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.