Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone and happy Easter,

DOing some homework on engine protection bars for my 1050 tiger.Rode one with the SW-Motech but they touched the shin part of my alpine boots.
Therefor looking at the Givi TN 225 protection bars.Look like they would protect the engine casings but not sure about the tank.Has anyone tried them and do they interfer with your foot as you move around and has anyone had the misfortune in trying them out.

Cheers

Brett

·
Registered
72 Posts
You might want to look at Hepco&Becker crash bars also or Thunderbike.
I like my SW-Motech bars, but a few others on http://www.tiger1050.com site have had the same issue you have with them.
I personally don't think the GIVI's look as stout as the Motech or Hepco-Becker bars, but thats just my opinion!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yes the H&B guards will not be anywhere near your feet as they do not use the rearward frame attachment, like the Givi's and SW-Motech guards.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've got the givi protection on my 1050 for 1 year now and 30.000 km with it. No anoyance at all, fits great and looks great too. Only protects the engine, not the tank !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts