Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The PO of my Bonneville had replaced the original rider footpegs with the passenger pegs for some reason, and the rider pegs were not included in the box of OEM parts that came with the bike.

To me, it seemed that there was an excessive amount of vibration through the pegs. I remembered that I really liked the footpegs on my Tiger, so I figured I'd round up a used set. Back in '07 all the "cool guys" riding Tigers were swapping their pegs for SW Motech or the like, so finding a used set was a snap.

Interestingly, the Bonneville pivot pin is 10mm and the Tiger pin is 8mm. With a 25/64 drill bit I opened the pivot pin holes in the Tiger pegs and mounted them. The only remaining issue is to replace the bracket bolts so the pegs don't pivot too far (see pic of right side). I'll get that handled tomorrow.

A quickie test romp showed a noticeable vibe reduction. They look better than the passenger pegs, too.

Rex

Attachments

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I replaced the footpeg bracket bolts today (M8-1.25 X 25), and the pegs now sit level when against the hex head of the bolts. A 50+ mile ride encompassing 8 different rail crossings proved the Tiger pegs to be an upgrade over the passenger pegs that were fitted, and I gained 1/2" of leg room due to the height of the Tiger pegs being lower.

Rex

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts