Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife dropped her Tiger, her foot slipped on the gravel at the end of our drive. The right hand lower fairing (the one with Tiger 1050 on it) is cracked. Anyone know what the cost is for a new panel, supply only. Also any recommendations for the "best" price!!
thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Support your local dealer

Just a thought, but supporting your dealer right now might be a good thing to keep your money going in the same community.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Get the new ones with wheelie bars attached that act like outrigers. They can be swiveled out to the sides.......for safty like training wheels. No, seriously, use bondo on the inside of the fairing until you're confident she won't slip anymore. It may also be cheaper to pave your driveway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If it is cracked, you can repair it or sell to me cheap. :).
I have fixed cracked and out right broken plastics on both my 1050 and other bikes using Plastex. WOW, amazing stuff. Google it.
All it is really is monomer (the stuff women and fancy-pants men use to build up there finger nails) and acrylic powder, which is available at beauty supply stores. Or buy the kit online.
I agree, support your local dealer, but you got to support yourself first, and if I can DIY cheaper, then I will.
And seriously, if you do want to sell it, drop me a note. I am collecting damaged plastic parts to repaint a different color and have spare body work for my tiger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts