Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

does anyone has any info about what is needed to convert from non ABS to ABS?, i´m looking forward to get:
-Hoses assemblies rear and front
-ABS sensor rear and front
-ABS module
-ABS wheel sensor rear and front
-Engine Harness including ABS module socket

Is there any other items that need to be considered?

I read on a Sprint forum a related topic and somebody explain that the ECU module is the same for both (with and without ABS) so i think there is no need to replace it on the tTger but can´t find any thread about it.

Any idea???

·
Registered
182 Posts
Check on your instruments whether you have the abs menu. If not there's another (expensive) part for your shopping list.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply, certainly at ebay, my listed items will cost 400USD in used conditions, but i will check what KildareMan suggests.

i will let you know the results.

Regards

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
Invest the money into an Advanced Rider course and you'll know how to stop better than ABS and you'll ride better all around.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Invest the money into an Advanced Rider course and you'll know how to stop better than ABS and you'll ride better all around.
Someone always says this when an ABS thread is posted (it's usually me !), but I agree completely. If you are riding a bike properly, within your limits, then you don't need ABS. I've never needed mechanical ABS in the 35 years I've been riding. However, I've used my "human" ABS many times to save the day. If you're in a situation where ABS has to pull you out the sh!t, then you're usually too far in the sh!t for it to make the difference !! :frown2:

Good luck with your choices though, whatever you decide to do :smile2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the reply and advice, i will start with the training and proper maner to brake, i have never beeing involved in a situation where abs is needed, however, for safety reasons was my intention to upgrade to, i have several miles and long trips traveled and yes, as Tiger-G and GeRhd6 mention, within the limits and cautions all riding could be safe, thanks again for the advice.

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
I'm not saying a motorcycle with ABS is a bad idea at all. If I were you and I were looking at purchasing a new motorcycle I'd be buying one with ABS. But if I had an old motorcycle I liked and it didn't have ABS I'd just look at improving my braking ability through training.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
thanks for the reply and advice, i will start with the training and proper maner to brake, i have never beeing involved in a situation where abs is needed, however, for safety reasons was my intention to upgrade to, i have several miles and long trips traveled and yes, as Tiger-G and GeRhd6 mention, within the limits and cautions all riding could be safe, thanks again for the advice.
What are the roads like over there in Mexico City ?? Maybe ABS is better to have, than to not have :wink2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts