Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another small issue...

At 400km my front brakes have just started making a funny ticking sound when I lightly apply them. Just got back from my dealer and he says it's caused by excessive movement in the left floating disk. They've seen it before on a 675... I have to wait till the 1000km service and if it's still there or getting worse they will replace the pads and disks. Anyone else had this sort of issue??

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had it on my bike as well, it appeared after a service on the brakes but went again after a couple of hundred miles. Initially it was all the time, then only whilst starting to break, then it went completely.
As your dealer said it's probably the floating disc rivet mounts making the noise, when the bike is standing still (and the discs aren't to hot) move the disc gently side to side and you should here the clicking.

Gazwire

ps
To be on the safe side have a good check over the front end just in case I'm talking a load of bollocks!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Re-center the pads on the front brakes by looking at the top of the calipers and notice which pads are not equal, or centered, Use a flat screw driver to push back one pad away from disk and hold while pumping brake lever to bring the other pad closer to the disk.

I usually have to do this after every bleed, It should take no more than 10 minutes to fix

1 - 5 of 5 Posts