Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guys,

I have had this 2002 T Bird for 3 months now and clocked up 4500klms, it now has 16500klm on the clock, and still has, I presume the original front tyre, Pirelli Dragon, which is almost done. The back was replaced at 10500klm with a Bridgestone BT 45. Does anyone have any preference or suggestions for front tyre replacement or are we goverened by whatever we can get? Trye sizes are 110/80 ZR18 and 150/80 ZR16 . I read on the forum where someone overseas fitted Pirelli Sport Demons!!

Also I have fitted a 20mm spacer on the top of the rear spring, under the adjuster nuts and this has improved the rear end greatly. I have dont done a decent trip after this modification but I hope it helps with my rear end as well.

Thanks

Gordon

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'd take a good look at the Michelin Pilot Road II's. Dual compound, long life in the centre of the tyre.

I run a Daytona 955i and they are a very solid tyre with good life in them. Sticky on the sides as well if you like to scratch.

Linz :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Linz,

The problem we have is the odd size wheels/tyres which narrows the selection quite significantly. I know some overseas owners have fitted 17inch wheels to widen the trye selection.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts