Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Boy this is going to sound stupid and my being from Boston probably won't help. What do you mean by "...I was followed home twice on my Harley..." ?? Followed by cops or by thugs wanting to steal it?

Does that happen a lot around where you are??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Boy this is going to sound stupid and my being from Boston probably won't help. What do you mean by "...I was followed home twice on my Harley..." ?? Followed by cops or by thugs wanting to steal it?

Does that happen a lot around where you are??
i'd assume followed by people looking to steal it, to case it out and check the security etc.

not sure about australia but it's something i've been warned about in the uk with certain types of bikes, anything that presents itself as a target for being stolen-to-order. best advice i was given if you suspect you're being followed is go to a garage (petrol station, not your own garage ;)) or small shop where you can kill 5/10 minutes and keep an eye on who's coming/going.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Sorry if I misunderstood you, I did not mean to offend.
I simply took you literally when you said, "... the Roadking sh-ts all over the triumph in quality comfort and handling" and "My two triumphs have been terrible so nothing will convince me otherwise" and "it's (your TB) nothing compared to my Roadking". Sounds pretty definitive to me - got it, understood. Or maybe not; that's not what you meant?
However if you're going to continue to pound away on that theme, I'll continue to point out that your oppinion - which you have every right to voice - is based on experiences which are very unusual and not consistent with what the majority of other owners have reported - including myself. That's my oppinion and it's not uniformed...
But you are right, I have no idea what your motivations are, so I should have kept my thoughts about that to myself. I was just trying to rationalize some reason for your dogmatic and absolute statements.
Yeah...me too..what he said...^^^^ :D

61 - 65 of 65 Posts