Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've just joined up here as i've recently purchased a 2003 tangerine orange Thunderbird Sport and I love it. A thing of beauty! I'm a keen photographer so hope to upload some photos in the future.

Could use some quick advice, my bike was supplied with a neat black fly screen which I think looks great.

Tomorrow, the dealer is going to offer me an original brand new matching orange Triumph Fly Screen, complete with decals etc. Now I've looked up photos of these and have to say I don't think they look as nice as the black one it came with. On the other hand, these are hard to come by and so I have to make my mind up quickly what to do?

I've been told thay'll want £250 for it, so if anyone has any thoughts that will help me make my mind up, please feel free to comment.

Thanks, Paul :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Big Al, I tend to agree with you... but am just checking in the forums how rare these things are? Wouldn't want to miss a good opportunity. I haven't actually seen it yet, that's tomorrow :D

If you like the one your already have, why buy the other one?

Who cares if it's rare or not if you don't like it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
?

I only joined today dude.... haven't had time to sort out photos. Post also says I've only just got the bike; so haven't got any good photos of my own yet. Lastly.... I don't get to see the screen till tomorrow, so can't photograph what I don't have Duh!

If you've got nothing useful to say............ don't bother. Dont use a welcome forum to gob off. The only correct thing you wrote was that you don't get it lol

I don't get it.

You're a "keen photographer", you want advice about looks, but you don't post a photo?

I don't get it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome Devon BIker ignore Jamo comments 99% of people on here are very friendly and helpfull.In other words like true bikers are. Enjoy your new bike and have fun.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Buy it and give it a shot. The matching fly screens usually look really nice. If you don't like it you can always sell it and if you do like it, you can always sell your old one and defer the cost of purchasing the new one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, well I did think hard as it was brand new, still in original bubble wrap! Dealer wanted £250 and said it would increase my bikes value..... but I didn't like it, so passed on the opportunity. If anyone wants it, just Google the bike dealer Ramoto - good bunch of guys!

Buy it and give it a shot. The matching fly screens usually look really nice. If you don't like it you can always sell it and if you do like it, you can always sell your old one and defer the cost of purchasing the new one.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I'd save the $$$ and keep the black one.

Accessories don't really add to the value of the bike. That's a fantasy to justify a high asking price. Nobody will pay more because it has a matching fly screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I just got one of the rare second hand flying screen. does any one have a instaslation manaul or a picture of it is done? still confused about what the Velcro and the black plastic stuck on Velcro do.

Thanks in advance

Allen

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check out retrocaferacer.com. No affiliation. Steve makes quality reproduction fiberglass parts for Hinckley Thunderbirds and Bonnevilles and can paint them to match. He is in the UK. I've got my TBS kitted with his parts. He also has instructions on his website for installing the flyscreen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts