Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to get a new seat for my 1999 Thunderbird. My butt is numb after riding on the original for an hour. I've contacted Corbin but their replacement seat claims to be for up to 1997 models. Anybody know if there was any substantive changes to the seat mounts from 1997 to 1999 that would preclude my using the Corbin seat?

Also...

I've noticed that the handlebar angle at the grips is a few degrees inwardly unnatural for the rider's position making my wrists numb. Anybody had any experience opening up the grip angle a few degrees or are new handlebars in order here?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
1995 thunderbird handle bars

hi all, im looking for help as to where i can find the triumph lowering kit and end mirrows for joes thunderbird, its at a dealership now and has been for 3 weeks so were trying to help them find them. any ideas? allso looking for a flyscreen that fits a 95 aswell. thanks nina:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lowering kit and flyscreen

hi all, im looking for help as to where i can find the triumph lowering kit and end mirrows for joes thunderbird, its at a dealership now and has been for 3 weeks so were trying to help them find them. any ideas? allso looking for a flyscreen that fits a 95 aswell. thanks nina:)
Try Memphis Shades for the flyscreen. That's where I went for my replacement screen when my wife dropped my T-bird. It's a nice molded screen that provides protection for the hands as well making riding on cold days/nights a lot more enjoyable. Don't know about a lowering kit. If you find one let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts