Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I own a 2014 Thunderbird LT 1700. I have loved riding it all over the west, and now it's time to replace the final drive belt when I install it's third set of tires. I was surprised to see that the retail cost for this item is a whopping $328.97! (US) Whoa there partner, do they use gold thread in those belts? Is that normal for a drive belt to cost that much? The Triumph part number is T2010444. Is there an alternate third party manufacturer part available (like Gates)? Thanks in advance for any advise that you can offer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
How many miles on the bike? You should only need to replace it if it is damaged. Had a guy on the other triumph site that had 120k on his. I replaced mine with a used one from Ebay last year after discovering a tear on the outside edge of the belt. But yeah, that's about the going rate of a new belt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
thats right. when my rear wheel bearing went out i had to replace a bunch of stuff and the belt was one of the things. i think thats right. mine was around 300.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the help. Bit the bullet and went ahead and ordered one. I will change it out in the fall when I get new tires, but I wanted to have it early as it's sometimes a little hard to get Triumph parts.

I'm still loving my Thunderbird, so if I have to pay the price for a belt that's the way it goes I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts