Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that there is a lot of buzz over the new Thunderbird. Much of the buzz seems centered around Triumph finally creating a cruiser with enough CC's to attract the Harley crowd.

My question is where do the Rocket III's fit into this equation? How do they fit into the cruiser market, and where will the Thunderbird thrive where the Rocket III does not?

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
The Rocket is a huge bike. The Thunderbird is somewhere between the Rocket and a Bonneville in size. The T-Bird might even be somewhat smaller than your average V-twin. If not, about the same size.

I went a saw one at a factory demo day event and there were people looking at it and sitting on it all day. The attraction is there. Many of the people looking at it wanted a cruiser, but didn't want an HD. There is a market.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Rocket is a huge bike. The Thunderbird is somewhere between the Rocket and a Bonneville in size. The T-Bird might even be somewhat smaller than your average V-twin. If not, about the same size.

I went a saw one at a factory demo day event and there were people looking at it and sitting on it all day. The attraction is there. Many of the people looking at it wanted a cruiser, but didn't want an HD. There is a market.
Yeah, like me. Older and wanting some thing different, still a crusier. Personally I'm tired of all the Harley B/S and the Victory's went a little too custom. I like the Japanese cruisers alright, especially the Yamaha's but still like having something you don't see on every corner.

The only probalem I might have with the new Thunderbird is if the pegs are too far forward.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The only problem I might have with the new Thunderbird is if the pegs are too far forward.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same about the Speedmaster but floorboards made it really comfortable, I would expect the same from the TBird.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks, I thought that myself about the floorboards. I've had bikes in the past that the shifter and brake were too far forward but the boards were set up that I could pull my feet back to a comfortable distance after I shifted or braked. I hope that's the way it will be with the new "bird" and some descent boards.

I hope the handlebars are acceptable for us of short stature also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts