Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey triumph fans i thought you might be interested in the lastest build from my shop Spirit Lake Cycle, a 2001 thunderbird. Let me know what you guys think and enjoy the pics. :)

Mods Include:

custom seat and seat pan
streetfighter bars
custom headlight bucket with spedometer mount
from leather bag and mounts
new muffler
custom jetting
thunderbird sport air covers
firestone classic tires
powdercoated wheels
black side panels
brown grips
customs front fender mounts
chopped rear fender
new taillight with license plate holder
new turn signals
triumph bonneville knee pads
custom brown and cream painted tank with black pinstripe

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1465899_562631597155314_2075987148_o.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
I think you've done really well with the styling details and colour scheme :)

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I like the Brooks tag on the seat. My first British bike has a Brooks seat.... '71 Raleigh Supercourse. And I still have it!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Fantastic ! very tasteful colour scheme , and I really like the headlamp mounted speedo, brilliant detail throughout. I think that your shop would sell these hand over fist to older riders such as myself. One small piece of constructive criticism [ given that you are asking] is that to my eyes the rear mudguard could be a little longer and lower rather than the more modern jacked up look that you currently have. Saying that I couldn't even begin to produce something this good and I would be a very happy man if one of these was living in my garage.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I love the shorter rear fender and the tight front one as well. Same direction I went with my bike. Triumph should take notice! I'm doing powder coated wheels next too. Definitely one of the best looking builds I have seen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe I just purchased the same turn signals you used on this build. Did you have any problems with them? I only hooked up the front signals last night but the left signals flash faster than the right. It was too late to dig into it last night but I figured I would ask.

Also build looks really good.

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
I've seen some here which look the same. The bulbs are only 10 Watt, so with one of those plus a stock 23 Watt, it's marginal for the stock flasher relay. You'll need to buy an LED/Universal (any mix of wattage) flasher relay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
for some reason i thought they were 21w bulbs? Im going to try to find new bulbs.

Edit: bulbs seem like a lost cause. I will PM you so I dont hijack this thread, not sure what flasher relay to get.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Lovin the old school look!

Love your color scheme... really pretty paint with that beautiful brown seat.

Everything you did adds a nice old school look, but MAN do I like that seat!

Keep up the great work, Mr. Cakes... I can't wait to see what you do next.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I'd probably buy this right away or maybe I should customize my TBS to look like this. Love it!

Zee
2000 TBS
- I'm not lost.... I'm just looking for the people who drove me here!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I sent the maker a pm but I guess he's not interested in sharing details or future business. Still a great build

Zee
2000 TBS
- I'm not lost.... I'm just looking for the people who drove me here!

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Very NIce Great Job !! Could you tell me what Exhaust you used? I'm replacing mine on my 1996 T-Bird and I like that.... Is it Dime City?

thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts