Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted bar end mirrors for a speed triple to a thunderbird?

I am looking to replace the stock mirrors and it would appear that they fit by replacing the bar end weight and it does not require any modification to the inside of the handlebar or moving the controls.

·
Registered
12 Posts
eBay cheap bar ends

I just put a set of cheap ($34.99) bar end mirrors from eBay on my 2003 TBS. I used the CRG adapters from newbonneville.com. You might be able to get by without the Triumph specific adapters, but the hole in the bar end adapter that comes with mirrors may be a little too big. (I didn't try it since I already had the adapters from New Bonneville.) I also used the Problems Solvers plugs to fill the old mirror holes. All told, it took me about 20 mins., including adjusting the mirrors.

I couldn't believe how much this minor mod changed the character of the bike.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The bar ends are a definite plus but I also suggest replacing the stock hanlde bars.

·
Registered
30 Posts
bar end mirrors

I, just finished putting a set of the speed tripple/ street tripple bar end mirrors from the triumph parts catalog on a 99 thunderbird sport. If you have stock triumph bars that have the bar end weights and are threaded they will bolt right up. the Triumph part # for the black mirrors that I installed is A9638030. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I put on some CRG black bar end mirrors on my TBS. I think they look very cool and low profile. They are expensive, but they are high quality. I also just installed some clip on bars which look even better with the mirrors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts