Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys got a bit of a query has anyone had probs with the left hand pannier being damaged by the exhaust flow ie burning the leather away,i just got a set on flea bay with the rails,they guy selling said they were excelent condition but when i got them the rear outside edge was found to be duct taped and the leather under seeemed to be worn away as in burned melted,dont think it was caused by a spill,(in fairness to the seller he was only braking and selling for somone else and they offered to take 33% of the final sale price) so any theorys on how this can happen many thanks again guys:)

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I had a set fitted for several thousand miles and I never noticed either pannier even get warm from the exhaust, let alone singed. A friend of mine has had them on his T'Bird ever since (about three years), and he rides all year round. No evidence of any such damage (but much of his chrome has long since gone to crap :)).

Maybe the guy let the bag drop down onto the hot pipe at some point.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have not had this problem with mine. They do not even get hot. I think something else must have happened outside of "normal" use.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ty guys i was just wanting to know if it was a prob i think they been left on somthin really hot , but i only had a theroy this is what may have went wrong as wen i repair the hole and it is right throu i was goin to use some type of heat shield if i fnd this was a prob ,but the why the right hand side not burn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts