Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
322 Posts
yeah Doc you're right - these guys seem very enthusiastic about Scramblers, and of course, are on the same island as me (albeit at the other end, but), so I don't get the hit we Antipodeans have to wear for freight (though I do pay GST). I'd like to take my bike up there (excellent ride, and Nelson is a nice place to visit anyway) and get them to do the cams and pipes and breathing in one hit, so that she's optimised. That should make a very versatile and pretty sharp handling and running package out of a Scrambler; as long as one has no illusions - if you want serious speed and horsepower, Bonnies and the like aren't the machines, obviously.

Only thing is at the moment, I've stretched the finances to get my Scrambler without sacrificing my good green Bonnie, sohave to wait a while before more serious bike-related spending...
cheers - Pat
their cams are bloody expensive, double the core exchange ones out of the states, do you reckon they are worth that much more,
& I guess there is steep shipping to Australia from NZ like the US too ?

not sure why we can't take our cams to a local cam mob and have them ground like we could with our cars years ago ? :confused:

· Registered
322 Posts
813 cams TPUSA. Freakin awesome. :thumb
yes thanks but "Freakin awesome " price too,
specially shipped to Australia :(

Even from across in NZ the Thunderbike mob want too much for them.

Someone soon is going to start doing cam grinds here in Australia locally that will blow the market wide open !

I can feel it,

I certainly don't penny pinch when it comes to spending on my Bike

But I hate being ripped off at every turn. Just 'cose I chose to own a

Triumph

We Triumph owners & the enthusiasts world wide have been held to ransom too long, with the stupid high priced after market performance bits & shipping costs.
9-11 was absolutely terrible, but a great excuse for suppliers to shaft the world on shipping prices outta the United States of America ever since. IMHO

:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.