Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out: took my 06 tiger in for the 12k service, once the tank was removed, the dealer found 3 hairline cracks in the frame! I did have a minor accident with the bike the first week I owned it, low speed, cosmetic damage only, nothing broken or bent,not my fault btw. Now here we are 10 months past that incedent and they find cracks in my frame. CRAZY.

The fine folks at Hattar Motorsports, where i bought the bike and had the crash estimate done, agreed with me that the cracks could not have been caused by such a minor spill. They have spent the last 5 weeks banging heads with the factory and they have prevailed. Orignally the UK folks said "no" but after some more discussion, they relented and have sent a replacement frame out. They will pay for my bike to be disassembled and reassembled on the new frame.

I am VERY pleased with this outcome obviously; Triumph and Hattar are first class businesses and both deserve our support.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
good to hear your gettin it sorted but its a bit worryin to hear there`s a problem with the frame !! hope you took some pics, if so, post them up so we can see where to look for the cracks !!

KK

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the top tube comes under the tank and is welded to a flat piece, just past that weld is where the cracks are. impossible to see without taking the tank off. My dealer says he has never seen it before....call me lucky:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't post much here (tiger1050.com), but this is good to hear, as Hattar is where I bought my 07 Tiger. I am still debating whether ot do the 6k myself or not, but have some minor issue it might be worth bringing in to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts