Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Here is another video i made. I have been messing around with a new onboard camera my girlfriend gave me.
This time no music, just predators:)
Oh by the way My girlfriend was on the back so i kept it down a little.
Hope you like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQdK6MpzFGQ
All the best John
ps sorry the sound is a little scratchy i'm experimenting with location and settings.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
those are some really quiet predators, or maybe it's just the way it was recorded. i know when i am just cruising by a row of parked cars my bike sets off alarms.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it sounds quiet. The camera has hi and low sound settings.They recomend low because high gets so much distortion and wind noise. I need to find a better place to mount the camera.
All the best john

·
Registered
159 Posts
Did he catch the guy?

Oh I'm sorry I fell asleep. Did the pipes get loud? What happened? Yawn. Lol.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey what kind of camera did you use and what are the pros and cons so far?
Hi
I used the Go Pro Hero http://www.goprocamera.com/video
I like the cameras quality of build, it has a nice totally waterproof case and various attachments for mounting on the bike or helmet etc. But i am still having difficulty getting good sound. It has 2 settings High and Low. They recomend the Low setting for motorcycles to avoid wind noise and distortion.
But having it on the tank it doe's not pick up the exhaust note very well. (As pointed out by the guy who fell asleep while watching. lol.)
I think mounting it a little closer to the rear, it will be much better.
I want to get it right before the spring, i intend taking it on a trip through Death Valley.
I will post more on You Tube when i get more examples. I'm going to try it on my dirt bike to.
Hope this Helps John.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Right on... It was a cool vid despite the sound being really low. Those GoPro cameras are awesome.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hi
I used the Go Pro Hero http://www.goprocamera.com/video
I like the cameras quality of build, it has a nice totally waterproof case and various attachments for mounting on the bike or helmet etc. But i am still having difficulty getting good sound. It has 2 settings High and Low. They recomend the Low setting for motorcycles to avoid wind noise and distortion.
But having it on the tank it doe's not pick up the exhaust note very well. (As pointed out by the guy who fell asleep while watching. lol.)
I think mounting it a little closer to the rear, it will be much better.
I want to get it right before the spring, i intend taking it on a trip through Death Valley.
I will post more on You Tube when i get more examples. I'm going to try it on my dirt bike to.
Hope this Helps John.
John -

Thanks for the info and good luck with getting the position just right. I'm looking forward to seeing some more vids.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sounds awesome John. It does pick up some of the engine sound, but it still sounds good. Thanks for posting that.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
heck yeah! that's pretty sweet! the new video is much better!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts