Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the Triumph branded Thruxton tank bag? Does it scratch up the tank easily? Also, does it get annoying and interfere with your riding at all? I used to have a tiny one on my last bike, but the Triumph one seems much bigger.

This is the bag I am referring to: http://www.pure-triumph.com/products/936

Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Only issue I have is that the base stays connected to the bag, it is not magnetic like other bags. I haven't had any issues with scratches, it holds enough as well, the clear lid is great for holding maps and the waterproof cover, although tricky to fit, works.

When riding I find it more comfortable with the tank bag on long journeys as I tend to lean onto the bag meaning I am out the wind a bit and it takes some pressure off your wrists and arms.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only issue I have is that the base stays connected to the bag, it is not magnetic like other bags. I haven't had any issues with scratches, it holds enough as well, the clear lid is great for holding maps and the waterproof cover, although tricky to fit, works.

When riding I find it more comfortable with the tank bag on long journeys as I tend to lean onto the bag meaning I am out the wind a bit and it takes some pressure off your wrists and arms.
Do you have to remove the bag every time you want to put in gas?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
tank bag

You only have to undo the 2 front clips. A few seconds. Also, this tank can expand, almost doubling the capacity. 25000 km with it. No problems.
Take care

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm looking to sell mine. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Price seems high... I paid $60 or so for my cortech tank bag, brand new.. .it expands, has map pocket, and is magnetic so I don't have to have any unsightly straps holding it in place.... looks like a decent quality bag, but unless you find a less expensive option, I would recommend the cortech bag over it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Price seems high... I paid $60 or so for my cortech tank bag, brand new.. .it expands, has map pocket, and is magnetic so I don't have to have any unsightly straps holding it in place.... looks like a decent quality bag, but unless you find a less expensive option, I would recommend the cortech bag over it.
I have the same Cortech one and those magnets stick like s*** to a blanket! Very easy to lift off for refuelling and place back and has a felt style under surface so no scratching and has a removable clear lid for maps too - tons of room & expandable - great for resting your belly on on long trips!:D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Where did you get this tank bag. I am also in the market for one
and this one seems to fit my purpose.
I got it at a local bike dealer - I'm sure it was around $70 or so - in fact I might be mistaken - I think it's a Tour Master! I was a bit concerned whether the magnets would be strong enough but I doubt they'd come off in an accident!!
This is similar but not the same:
http://www.bikebandit.com/product/4921

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks triton, This may be a viable solution.
I will look into seeing if there are any local dealers in my area first.

Cya

1 - 12 of 12 Posts