Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased 2007 Thruxton Black with checker flag
I am 5.5 120 pd female

Anyone out there shaved your seat? I had with a bread knife sliced an inch. I pulled back the seat cover to the passenger seat. Measured, shaved, sanded, pulled back cover tight, held cover with C clamps and stapled. Maintained seat cowl and original look. Don't do this inside that foam makes a mess.

Next step I would like to score some gel padding and shave more foam off. Any known sources of purchasing gel pads or other thin padding please share...
Thanks Charlene

·
Registered
77 Posts
You can usually find gel padding on ebay - there are several people there who sell it in different sizes. Just cut it down to suit.

I'd like to see some pics of your seat, sounds like an easy mod.

Cheers,

Brett

·
Registered
276 Posts
To post pics, you'll need to upload them to an online site. Some use photobucket, some use an album here, others have their pics hosted on other sites.

Copy a link to the pic, click image when posting, and paste the link.

Would be nice to see how your seat worked out.

And, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks so much everyone for the info I will try to post pics when I get off work.
Rode two hours yesterday. My back hurts so I will definately purchase some gel.

Charlene

:hammer:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Here are some pics of the seat in progress. Waiting for some gel to install next. Then I will use some spray mount adhesive to place gel & cover to seat. Oh yeah & staples. Almost done with the work. I will be riding with my advil till then.

Rubber side down, always

1 - 9 of 9 Posts