Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen plenty of seats and seat/cowl. Anyone know what a distressed pan sells for? I'm fine going with plywood, but a pan would be lighter.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
On 2007-01-22 23:07, sweatmachine wrote:
just the pan? I'd be willing to part with 50 bucks for a pan.
Please don`t say that! I sent Ridge a box full. :-D

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Instead of plywood, why not steel or aluminum?
$50 seems fair. I need to come see ya.

Yah, I want a solo seat, but don't like the tractor looking seat that is common for the Bonnie. And I want to fab out a cowl that I can use for storage.

Not steel cause of weight. Not aluminum cause of getting sliced in an accident. My first choice is a plastic pan since it already fits, and is close to the shape I want.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
I have a junk sportster tank I'm going to cut up and make into a cafe seat cowl, and I'm going to fab the seatpan out of some 16 ga sheet steel, hopefully it'll be all one piece, and I was thinking of incorporating some side covers into the deal.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
<I have a junk sportster tank I'm going to cut up and make into a cafe seat cowl>

Brilliant! And leave the gas cap bung in place. It'll freak-out people who think it's a remote tank.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
On 2007-01-22 23:21, rodburner wrote:
Please don`t say that! I sent Ridge a box full. :-D
Oh great...Thanks a lot Sweatmachine! Now Steve knows they are worth something. :hammer:

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
On 2007-01-23 12:54, RaceDweeb wrote:
<I have a junk sportster tank I'm going to cut up and make into a cafe seat cowl>

Brilliant! And leave the gas cap bung in place. It'll freak-out people who think it's a remote tank.
Well, the guy that sold it to me cut the gas bung out to use in a custom fabbed tank, so it's a tank sans gas bung. That would be cool though, except it'd be huge. I'll probably cut the tank down to the last 1/3 of the back of it.

Ridge, where ya been?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
On 2007-01-23 12:54, RaceDweeb wrote:
Or mount your taillight in the bung hole...wait...that didn't sound right.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On 2007-01-23 13:50, McQueen wrote:
Or mount your taillight in the bung hole...
Its one thing to be into bikes. Whole nother to have bikes into you. Although, you know somewhere, somehow, its been done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts