Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're currently machining both the #7002 and #7003 that fit the gaiter or non-gaiter SuperBraces that fit the Triumph Bonneville, T-100, Scrambler or Thruxton with a 10 day ETA.

The new #7003 for the non-gaiter Thruxton & Scrambler is highly anticipated, so highly recommend placing your order as soon as possible as our first run is limited and we're almost sold out!

Ride Safe & thanks for the Support,

SuperBrace

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Poor Customer Service

A warning for those of you that are interested in purchasing the Thruxton non-gaiter Fork Brace from SuperBrace.

I realize that some of you have had excellent service from this vendor but I have not. I've waited for well over three months for them to produce a non-gaiter version as promised by them. I have also ordered and paid for one as of the 7th of May 2009. I received an email stating that they were on backorder for 7 days and would be shipped immediately upon after the seven day period.

It is now the 3 of June and I've not received so much as a Howdy from them since the original order on the 7th. I've emailed them twice regarding the status, without any return correspondence. I am considering canceling the order because of their poor customer service. Mind you I'm not angry, just very disappointed in a vendor of this site and others should be told the truth of the matter.

It saddens me that I have to report this to the members of this site, especially as I always try to support site vendors with my business. At this point it has been a very poor experience and should be looked upon with some concern by others considering this same purchase. I appreciate that sometimes supply can't meet demand but this is where their customer service should step in and see that the customer is informed and taken care of. This hasn't happened.

To those of you who are considering such a purchase I say to you "caveat emptor", from a dissatisfied customer. Very poor service SuperBrace, very poor indeed.

Please note the most recent email correspondence.

Hello,

I'm once again asking when I can expect the delivery of my purchased brace. I've written you twice now without a response. It is now the 3rd of June which is well beyond your promised date of delivery. I would seem to me that you'd be interested in insuring that your customers are informed of their orders, especially if you wish to have them remain as customers. I would really hate to have to make a negative thread response at the TriumphRat.net because of your inability to supply as promised. I expect and immediate response and delivery of the product which I've ordered and paid for, no less. It's sad that I have to continue to write you to receive some reply. Balls in your court fellows.

By the way I know you received the last message as I have a receipt that you did.

Cheers

Jeff
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:08 PM
Subject: Thruxton SuperBrace Order Follow Up

Jeffrey Good Afternoon and thank you for your order today through www.superbrace.com. The #7003 is currently on backorder in 7 days and we’ll bill/ ship then.
Ride Safe,
SuperBrace – the Ultimate Fork Stabilizer
www.superbrace.com

Your message

To: SuperBrace
Subject: SPAM-LOW: Re: Thruxton SuperBrace Order Follow Up
Sent: 6/3/2009 12:44 PM

was read on 6/3/2009 1:22 PM.

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
I See Your Here!

So Gentleman since I see that your viewing the thread what do you purpose to do about the situation. Or are you going to continue to ignore a paying customers request? It's truely amazing how quick you read the email, once I posted the thread. I'd like to hear what you have to say and I'm sure other members would also. Especially how you plan to rectify the situation.

Cheers
Jeff:motorbike2:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Skull Crusher,

The 7 day ETA was the date given to me from my techs however we’ve had some unexpected delays due to our production, 2009 Triumph Bonneville changes and poor economy related delays. I can assure you that our production team is working 6 days a week and 12 hours a day to catch up. We’re currently machining the Suzuki V-strom, Goldwing 1800 SuperBraces along with the Triumph SuperBraces so they should be .

We've also replied to email that you sent us and please follow up there for the most updated response.

Take care and Ride Safe,

SuperBrace.com

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
I Call No Joy

My last email was yesterday with a read receipt of this morning.

These are excuses not answers. I'm not interested in the Suzuki V-strom, Goldwing 1800 SuperBrace's nor do I care. I have been patient and understanding up to a point.

You should not come here an promise specific dates of delivery if your not prepared to fulfill them. You have still not answered my question as to when I'll receive the product or at all. You stated 10 Day ETA over 4 weeks ago. Your email stated 7 days and it would be billed and shipped. This email is nothing more than another excuse.

Your basis of business is set upon your sale of items which you specify as being available. You mislead potential customers with false advertisement and dates of delivery which you are responsible for and being held accountable for also. You have disregarded my emails and have not provided the product within your specified time frame. Further, you have failed to respond and or follow up with awaiting customers of those products. This is at best poor customer relations. It isn't and shouldn't have to be my responsible to follow up with you. You should be following up with me and informing me of the delays and possible delivery time.

This is what has prompted me to vocalize my disappointment in your lack of prompt service and rightfully so. I've written you here on this site several times with regards to the availability and with your assurance you've mislead me into a purchase that you are not prepared to fulfill. All anyone has to do is read the your correspondence to see that your company is full of excuses, but no answers.

My order was in fact purchased directly from SuperBrace based solely at your promoting and prompting of availablity here. Don't be coy I'm not that gullible.. You are only replying with urgency now because I've put your company in the spotlight with some bad but truthful advertisement. How are you going to satisfy me and rectify the situation? This is a question you still haven't answered. Along with when I can expect delivery? I truely believe that you have a really well engineered and well built product. This is the only reason I've been this patient for so long. You need to seriously put more consideration into your dealings with your customers if you wish to retain them.

Thanks again for your order from SuperBrace. Your order details are listed below:

Order ID: 2355
Customer Details:
Company Name:
Jeffrey xxxxxxxxxxx
New Mexico
United States of America
Email: [email protected]
Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx
How did you hear about us?: Please Select...

Shipping Method: UPS Ground
--------------------------
Product ID: 6001
Product Name: z- Stainless Steel Fork Protector
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $25.00
Product ID: 7003-01
Product Name: Triumph Thruxton w/ fork protectors (non-gaiter) 2004-2009
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $224.95
> Finish : Mirror Polished
Order Total : $249.95
Shipping and Handling : $11.74
Grand Total : $261.69
Thanks again from all of us at SuperBrace!

Jeffrey,
Being in customer service, I truly apologize for the delay as the ETA is something I can not unfortunately change and trust me I want this to ship as much or more than you do. Again, I apologize for the delay as that is completing out of my control. I can assure that as a company, we are working extremely hard through these hard times to continue to produce high quality, American made products. Was your order purchased through SuperBrace directly? If so, you order has not been charged as we bill the day we ship. A negative review doesn’t do anybody any good and that is why I’m replying with urgency.
The 7 day ETA was the date given to me from my techs however we’ve had some unexpected delays due to our production, 2009 Triumph Bonneville changes and poor economy related delays. I can assure you that our production team is working 6 days a week and 12 hours a day to catch up. We’re currently machining the Suzuki V-strom, Goldwing 1800 SuperBraces along with the Triumph SuperBraces so they should be .
Also, you mentioned no responses, when was your last email? The last email on file was May 7th. Did we miss something?
Take care and we can be reached at
[email protected] or [email protected],
SuperBrace.com

Cheers

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
A Chance to Make Good

Gentleman, this is your time to shine and make a disappointed customer happy and show others that you are willing to make good on your claims. We often have very little opportunity or chance to do something good and make up for the bad. You have that opportunity now. Well, I await your answer.

Cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeff,

To save both parties time and energy emailing back and forth, our customer service team has called the phone number that you provided to assist you regarding your specific order. Again, we apologize for any delays and we have not charged anyone one’s credit card until we ship.

Thanks for understanding,

SuperBrace

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
No Answer and No Confidence

Still no answer to these questions or response to my request. Please gentleman, let's don't dance around the subject. Simple do as I requested.

Cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've forwarded your concerns to my boss and he'll be emailing you within 24 hours (considering the time of day) regarding ETA and info about your specific order.

Take care,

SuperBrace

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Very Poor Representation

3:15 your time (considering the time of day.) I'm all ears! Please, don't let me disturb him!:rolleyes: You have my response via email. This is surely a demonstration of how inconsequencial my business is to your company. :welldone:

Cheers

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
False & Misleading Advertising?

Since you don't have the product available for sale or out of first production, are actively advertising and taking orders, you might consider changing your site, since this would be considered false and misleading advertising.:eek:

Just a thought!

By the way your customer service rating is "FAIL-!" Oops must be quitting time, no more superbrace online. Don't bother trying to solve a customer problem or putting in a little overtime to find an answer, Great service fellows!:welldone:

Cheers

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Another Excuse to Buy Time

Hmmm 10:00PM, still no response from SuperBrace with ETA of order. No email from the Boss as promised by their customer service. Don't believe I'm going to get one either. This is why American companies are going out of business. It's the same all over. No regard for their paying customers. Very poor to say the least!

Cheers

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
No Answer Yet Here or By Email

8:13AM, June 4th. Still no word from SuperBrace regarding my order completion and no email from customer service or the boss on how they are going to rectify the situation. Very very disappointing. But I'm still waiting.

It occurred to me last night, tell me SuperBrace are you acquiring orders to scale production and really haven't begun any manfacturing? ;) I wonder how many pre paid $261.00 orders you can afford to loose. Business must be pretty good. You know this has a trickle down effect, when orders start being canceled because production time, your going to have an awful lot of unsold inventory which is even worse for business. Seems to me that you'd be alittle more tuned into this. For a company who survives on nothing but one product for motorcycles you should be much more responsive.

Please answer the question, when can I expect delivery of the unit?

Cheers

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Hello Again I See Your Here!

Well I haven't received any correspondance from your "boss", and I'm still waiting on a difinative answer. So are we going to attempt to rectify the situation or are we going to just sit here and stare at the threads and wonder why this all transpired? Like I said before the balls in your court!

By the way, don't cancel the order, I'm going to force you into fulfilling it eitherway. Thanks for reading the emails this morning even though I haven't gotten a response.

Cheers

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Very Poor Response SuperBrace

So, I guess I'm not going to get that famous email from your boss after all. Which again adds to the over all mistrust.

Remember, you had the opportunity to respond and repair the situation and chose not too. Instead of being open and forth coming about the situation, you have given me the cold shoulder, which is not very good representation on your part. Sadly, I will be contacting the agencies I originally disseminated to you in a previous email. The postings will remain as a warning to others because of your lack of customer concern. Sorry it had to come to this.

Jeffrey,
Your order will be billed and shipped no later than June 25th. We have your info on file and will send you an email confirmation the exact day we bill and ship your order.

Take care,
SuperBrace

Wow another month.. I'll hold you to this! By the way your anonymity is another customer problem. No one likes to talk to a word. A person or first name is much more personal and much more effective. You might pass this customer service technique along to your boss.

Cheers

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
The saga continues! 20th of June, no word, not a peep from Super Brace regarding deliver of the product. Five days to go, and I'm waiting with baited breath. NLT the 25th they said, I wondering if we're actually watching a calender. Just a little update!;)

Cheers

·
Registered
245 Posts
bummer about your troubles friend, but i may have some info into your problem. i just ordered a superbrace from a third party vendor for my bonneville, but i was informed they were backordered with no ETA from the manufacturer.

i hope you get the results you are looking for.

update: just got an email from the third party seller. he says they have been backordered for months. bummer.

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Me to, but somehow I don't think they're gonna meet the deadline. I was prepared for the wait for my swingarm from JMC but this is absured especially something they already have a design for and setup to produce. We'll see, but I'm not expecting much. It's the 22nd and the promised that they would bill and ship before the 25th.;) Only 4 days left gentleman.

Have you noticed they haven't come around here lately. I suppose it's easier to visit as a guest so they are incognito and not have to face the music.:D

Don't promise something unless your prepared to deliver, cause someone may just hold you too it.;)

Cheers

·
Registered
245 Posts
My plan is to wait until July first. If it doesn't ship by then I was going to check out the TPUSA brace.

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Well, it's two more days till their proposed deadline. I don't think it's gonna happen there has been as much as a how do you do email. Which really adds to their already poor service reputation. Funny how when someone puts them to task they disappear instead of doubling their efforts to get the job done. Oh well, just another reason people go to importers, sad but true. I've given a US manfacture an opportunity to supply the product and you see what happens.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 39 Posts