1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
They're not giving much away are they:laugh2:

·
Registered
163 Posts
"The all-new Thruxton 1200 RS is also expected to ride on better suspension hardware than its sibling. So, the 43 mm Showa USD forks, which serve on the 1200 R, are likely to be replaced by 41 mm Ohlins inverted fork along with Ohlins twin shocks with piggy back reservoir. The braking hardware, although, will be carried forward as in. This includes twin 310 mm Brembo floating discs at the front and a single 220 mm rear disc by Nissin. These brakes are complemented by electronic aids like dual channel ABS and switchable traction control system.

Triumph Thruxton 1200 RS is expected to go on sale in several international markets by the end of this year but we are not sure if it will reach our shores. And in case it does, then we expect that to happen somewhere in the latter half of 2020.

https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/bike-news/article/all-new-triumph-thruxton-rs-teased-ahead-of-global-premiere/504584

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"The all-new Thruxton 1200 RS is also expected to ride on better suspension hardware than its sibling. So, the 43 mm Showa USD forks, which serve on the 1200 R, are likely to be replaced by 41 mm Ohlins inverted fork along with Ohlins twin shocks with piggy back reservoir. The braking hardware, although, will be carried forward as in. This includes twin 310 mm Brembo floating discs at the front and a single 220 mm rear disc by Nissin. These brakes are complemented by electronic aids like dual channel ABS and switchable traction control system.

Triumph Thruxton 1200 RS is expected to go on sale in several international markets by the end of this year but we are not sure if it will reach our shores. And in case it does, then we expect that to happen somewhere in the latter half of 2020.

https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/bike-news/article/all-new-triumph-thruxton-rs-teased-ahead-of-global-premiere/504584
It's funny how, when they originally released the R, they said that they tested both the showa and ohlins forks and showa performed better.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Not surprising that they've used a lot of the engine changes from the TFC, they were never going to tool up for a new engine spec just for a limited edition model.
I would imagine the power up to 7500 would be very similar to the Thruxton R though, probably just got more peak power by extending the revs with the lighter internals and new cam, also some engine work would be necessary to compensate for the more restrictive Euro 5 cat.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Peak torque is also 700rpm lower in the range " exactly where its needed"
Lol my thruxton has had.its peak down in that range for a while.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
Updated 1200cc high power Thruxton RS engine Major power increase, up by 8PS to 105PS, with more power across the entire rev range 112Nm of peak torque delivered 700rpm lower in the rev range
More responsive and characterful engine characteristics with 20% reduction of inertia Higher revving engine, with a red line now 500rpm higher than the previous generation Enhanced rider modes.

Even more agile and intuitive cafe racer handling 6kg lighter than its predecessor

Higher specification Brembo M50 radial Monobloc calipers
Metzeler Racetec RR tyres All the premium specification standard equipment of the Thruxton R, including: Twin 320mm floating Brembo discs & master cylinder Race bred, adjustable Showa big piston forks Fully adjustable Öhlins twin rear shocks ABS & switchable Traction Control LED DRL headlight Underseat USB Immobiliser. More modern and contemporary style New fully blacked-out style, detailing and finish, including Black anodised wheels and engine covers Black spring set-up the premium Öhlins RSU New premium twin colour paint option.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have now doubt these will be superb. However, another missed opportunity.

I always felt Triumph would have been better to have put alloy wheels on the R to go with the other ‘sport bike’ components, leaving the S as the full retro statement. It would have enhanced sales of both models in my opinion. Perhaps the RS would be a bigger hit if it had been given alloy wheels, especially as they now have them readily available. Just my 2 cents worth.

ABS no longer switchable. I never switch mine off, but at least I can. I understand the reasoning for road use but I would have thought this would be something that some RS buyers might want. If Off-road Pro gets around the rules on the Scrambler 1200 maybe they could have done it with a Track mode.

·
Registered
304 Posts
IF.....I already owned a Thrux-R, the RS is a snoozer and doesn't warrant an upgrade imo

IF.....I just dropped 21-25K OTD for a Thruxton TFC I would be pissed, cuz you get most of that in this model for $16,200

IF.....I owned the older Thrux-900, which I do, the RS in base jet black with fairing might move me to trade-up. I love the base package, damn!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
If anyone happens to find an actual Triumph released image of the talked about in Thruxton RS articles & reviews of the Triumph accessories Arrow Brushed Stainless Slip-On Exhaust with Carbon End Caps, it would be much appreciated if he or she could please post it/them in this thread... I am curious if they are simply just the already available Arrow slip-on’s shown on Arrow’s web page for that past few years, or if they are something slightly different & hopefully more minimal.
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have now doubt these will be superb. However, another missed opportunity.

I always felt Triumph would have been better to have put alloy wheels on the R to go with the other ‘sport bike’ components, leaving the S as the full retro statement. It would have enhanced sales of both models in my opinion. Perhaps the RS would be a bigger hit if it had been given alloy wheels, especially as they now have them readily available. Just my 2 cents worth.

ABS no longer switchable. I never switch mine off, but at least I can. I understand the reasoning for road use but I would have thought this would be something that some RS buyers might want. If Off-road Pro gets around the rules on the Scrambler 1200 maybe they could have done it with a Track mode.
Maybe they could have given customers the option of alloy wheels or spoked, same as the BMW r9t racer, I think the alloys really suit that bike although everybody in the UK seems to opt for the upgraded sport package with the spoked wheels.
Haven't seen many pictures of the Thruxton R with alloy wheels and I'm not really sure if the the speed twin alloys suit the bike or it need something a bit more retro.
I wonder if the non switchable abs is something to do with new legislation or just triumphs choice, I don't know why you would want to switch it off anyway.

·
Registered
299 Posts
My R is over 3 years old and the only change since then is the colour so it is probably about time they freshened it up. Nothing there makes me want to pay for an upgrade but I like what they have done.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts