Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picking up a 2020 thurxton rs. I' m looking to waken it up with sound what's the best way? i know decat is harder with it being welded. what about any good slip ons or even a full arrow header set up. Any suggestions/experience on this?

·
Premium Member
2016 Diablo Red Thruxton 1200 R
2,980 Posts
There’s a lot of different exhaust choices that are great but I really like my BC,s. I still have the cat in my TTR with BC Moto Gp slip ons with the snork out and they sound, perform great for these type of slip ons…. FTG
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
99 Posts
Removing the cat isn’t as bad/hard as it sounds. I removed mine and replaced it with Free Spirts X-Pipe and Motone ODIN Slip Ons, I had to cut the OE cat to get it off after fighting it for WAY TOO long…should have cut earlier or loosened the frame bolts on right side as well, sounds awesome to me and money well spent. If I had to do it all over I think I’d get the full system from either BC or Iron Cobras and only because the end total (money wise) is cheaper.

·
Registered
2012 Thunderbird 1600 ABS
232 Posts
I've got a virtually new set of Remus pipes for sale.

Edit - just see you're in Germany I think ... not worth it then.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Slipons pretty much all perform the same. A 3" hole is a 3" hole... The differences will be looks, sound, and maybe weight based on the materials used. And budget of course.

You can get headers with the CAT deleted that bolt up to the stock mufflers, or you can get an X-pipe with midpipe and use it with stock headers and mufflers, or stock headers and aftermarket mufflers... You have options...

·
Registered
2020 Triumph Thruxton RS
54 Posts
I went with Cone Engineering slip ons. They're available for under $500.00 online. And they look and sound great. They also leave more room to access the rebound dampening settings on your rear suspension.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant

1 - 7 of 7 Posts