1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
673 Posts
It's gotte be something simple that I'm not seeing. I'll go out and check my manual that has diagrams of the Thrux and Bonnie. That is a friggin steal for those, by the way. For that price, I'd make 'em work somehow.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Ebay also has the mounting brackets listed for that bike. I think that the Thruxton mounting brackets mount the rearsets higher to avoid the pipes, so you may need those brackets too. Most rearsets are a bit higher than midsets because they are farther back.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
This strikes me as non-starter.
This is why Norman Hyde produced semi rearsets for the Bonnie.
I am not aware of anyone trying to force Thruxton rearsets onto a bonnie. Those pipes look wrong somehow as well!
Maybe cheap, but waste of money if they are not designed or engineered for the job.
Same applies to Bonnie footpegs being put on a Thrux.
I would recommend you look at the www.normanhyde.co.uk assemblies.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I tried that trick on a friend's bonnie, and found that same problem. The shifter will mount, but you have to line the linkage up on the splines of the shift peg coming out of the engine case differently. The only way we could get it to fit made the shifter low and a little awkward to reach. It worked, though. We stopped there and didn't mess with the other side (brake master cylinder, etc). The owner of the bike decided the shifter position was too funky, and we quit while we were ahead. He's planning on using a Norman Hyde kit.
On the other side of the coin...bonnie footpegs and controls will slap right on a thruxton, no problems it seems. I'm going that route, crazy as it sounds. A messed-up lower back does funny things to your logic. after 18k on the stock setup i've had it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts