Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was told that would work ,but when I priced it They( Thruxton) were more money than the Norman Hydes.I REALLY like the rear sets! Bill White

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
The frames are the same, so it would work, but you would also have to use the Thruxton rear brake setup, since the Bonneville rear brake setup would not work with the Thruxton rearsets. Unless you can find all those Thruxton parts used for cheap, I think you would save money just buying some new LSL rearsets made for the Bonneville. For example, the retail cost of the Thruxton rearsets brackets is about 126, and the brake pedal is about 80, and the rear brake master cylinder/reservoir is around 170. Then there are hoses, heel plate, misc. bolts, etc. So it would end up being very costly if you bought all the parts new.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I priced the Thrux parts at bikebandit and seems it was like $600 for everything. I do think you could get out cheaper buying just the bare minimum, if you could make the master cylinder and a few other parts of the Bonnie work, maybe as low as $360. Not saying you could make the old master cyl work, fab a bracket etc it may be possible.

The after market rearsets all just bolt over the existing "outriggers" which isn't as clean a look to my eyes. But it is a simple swap, no having to figure stuff out and you can choose between the more stock looking NH ones or the trick looking LSL's or Raask's.

I am trying to make up my mind now which route to take, soon very very soon...........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts