Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting annoyed at coming out of a corner, bike is upright and i twist the wrist all ZE WAY and then i hit a bump or two and traction control kicks in and i've lost all that momentum.

I wish i could make traction control only happen when the bike is lent over. OR i was in rain mode. Dreaming of course...

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm getting annoyed at coming out of a corner, bike is upright and i twist the wrist all ZE WAY and then i hit a bump or two and traction control kicks in and i've lost all that momentum.

I wish i could make traction control only happen when the bike is lent over. OR i was in rain mode. Dreaming of course...
You know you can switch the TC off right?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yes i do... but i also find it's saved me a bit too!
I use TC essentially when its wet outside, any kind of wet really (light or pouring rain, general humidity, icing conditions, snow...). For the rest I suggest you try switching it off, which is a pain because you have to do it each time you turn the ignition...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I like to wheelie so I pretty-much always turn the TC off and switch to sport mode. I only leave it on if I'm feeling mellow :wink2:
Does the TC completely eliminate the ability to wheelie?

The way it was explained to me is that it allows the wheel to come off the ground, but prevents you from looping out?

That person could have been completely misinformed!

·
Registered
116 Posts

The way it was explained to me is that it allows the wheel to come off the ground, but prevents you from looping out?

You can get the front end up 8" or so with TC on, but it will set the tire back down within about 15 feet. Get it up? Yes. Keep it up? No.

·
Registered
586 Posts

For me it seem to cut the throttle pretty abruptly. if you start to wheelie with the TC on it will come up just off the ground and WHAM! it slams it back down. TC doesnt bother me unless I'm riding in a more aggressive manner but I usually turn it off before I ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts