Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
NICE!!!! How long have you had the fairing?? I pre-ordered one months ago, and I still have no firm delivery date yet!??!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's purely cosmetic, that kit included fairing, LED turn signals. lower clip-on clamps, fender eliminator and Vance and Hines silencers.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NICE!!!! How long have you had the fairing?? I pre-ordered one months ago, and I still have no firm delivery date yet!??!
It was ordered with the bike. Not sure when exactly because it was originally ordered by someone else who later backed out of the deal. I luckily walked in the dealership not long after it went back up for sale.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just need to lose those reflectors on the forks now. :) (Did that yesterday and sorted out the rear fender today.)
I was actually just thinking about doing that as soon as I get home from work :wink2:

Is it simply a case of prying them off and getting rid of any sticky residue?

·
Registered
2012 Street Triple R 2016 Thruxton R
2,095 Posts
I agree.. I took the reflectors off (and warning stickers that were everywhere) right away. So the wouldn't get 'burned' on after the heat from riding.

Bike looks amazing though... Congratulations!

I can't ride mine until at least the beginning of July... They say that's when fender kits will available... Maybe.

Until then, it's just too unsafe...

Whenever I go over 60mph, the front tire begins to lift from the ground, even when off the throttle... Dealer says it is due to the GIANT fender on the back... He claims that since it's so large and stupid looking, that it actually creates drag when reaching even moderate speeds... Therefore acting as a rear spoiler would from an F1 car.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
...I can't ride mine until at least the beginning of July... They say that's when fender kits will available... Maybe.

Until then, it's just too unsafe...

Whenever I go over 60mph, the front tire begins to lift from the ground, even when off the throttle... Dealer says it is due to the GIANT fender on the back... He claims that since it's so large and stupid looking, that it actually creates drag when reaching even moderate speeds... Therefore acting as a rear spoiler would from an F1 car.
Is there something wrong with the shape of your butt? Maybe that's what's doing it. I'm keeping my 'lovely' fender and can attest the front wheel is firmly planted even at triple digits o.0

(Unless I undo the TC and give it some beans in the first 3 gears : -)

Love this bike - got my first ticket in 8 years this Tuesday - not the bikes fault. Bikes don't get tickets - Bike riders that don't come to a complete stop get tickets <sigh>

·
Registered
634 Posts
I like your seat and fender eliminator. Nice all round really. They look too wide and solid to look too retro with the front fairing. My dealer said they were not offering that kit any more, not sure why that's about the best looking one I've seen.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Beautiful,

That's what I plan to do too. Not sure if that kit is available in US. I think the signals are not legal, but I have the faring on order.

Great looking !!!

J

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I call BS on your dealers explanation.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I was able to order the faring kit and it should arrive in a couple weeks. Cannot get the lights as they are not DOT approved. I am waiting for the Moto Trio lights for the R as they look very nice.

J

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was able to order the faring kit and it should arrive in a couple weeks. Cannot get the lights as they are not DOT approved. I am waiting for the Moto Trio lights for the R as they look very nice.

J
I ordered the lights from a European dealer, as the Moto Trio lights won't be DOT approved either.

I do like this bike and I ordered the dual seat due to this thread, but I did order it in brown so we will see how well that works on a silver R.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Sensational!
Does the kit include performance items:
Cams, de-catted headers, free flowing silencers, etc?
The problem people will have with the "performance" add ons is the brain box. Far more complicated now, I contacted Bonneville Performance who run the Triumph factory flat track team to see if Bill was looking into using the new lumps in a flat track confifuration. It will be interstig to see who pulls the trigger first. I doubt Triumph will. The aftermarket is working on it.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
The problem people will have with the "performance" add ons is the brain box. Far more complicated now, I contacted Bonneville Performance who run the Triumph factory flat track team to see if Bill was looking into using the new lumps in a flat track confifuration. It will be interstig to see who pulls the trigger first. I doubt Triumph will. The aftermarket is working on it.
I'm still confused if the AMA restricts the flat trackers to 750cc or are they saying bigger motors are allowed if the modifications are limited?

"The AMA will allow race-only Twin engines from any manufacturer upon approval in 2016. Teams will have the option of using engines ranging from 550cc to 1250cc in the Twins class, which can be modified to “achieve the class displacement limit by modifying the bore and stroke.” Race-only engines can’t exceed 750cc though, with “a maximum allowable overbore of 0.045” per cylinder.”

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
I'm still confused if the AMA restricts the flat trackers to 750cc or are they saying bigger motors are allowed if the modifications are limited?

"The AMA will allow race-only Twin engines from any manufacturer upon approval in 2016. Teams will have the option of using engines ranging from 550cc to 1250cc in the Twins class, which can be modified to “achieve the class displacement limit by modifying the bore and stroke.” Race-only engines can’t exceed 750cc though, with “a maximum allowable overbore of 0.045” per cylinder.”
The Triumph team uses 270 degree 1200s now, this is very confusing though.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts