Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It looks like the official accessory offerings for the new range currently only covers the long version and does not support the R, most likely due to the Brembo brake master.

Has anyone found 3rd party shorty levers that work yet? With the clutch and brakes on this bike I would love to have short levers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
^^^ take a flathead screw driver and place it under the piece/section that is holding the plunger in. You can squeeze the screwdriver and brake lever together to create enough leverage to lift that section up and slip out the plunger. All it takes is about a millimeter of free space...

·
Registered
56 Posts
@erey or anyone else that may know, do those Ebay levers allow the lever to be moved closer to the grip? Stock ones for the Thruxton R have a little too far reach for my liking.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the Pazzo shorties ,bit more expensive than the regular ebay ones,but I thought I should go for quality on this bike.In answer to the question above,yes,they are adjustable,that is what the red lever is for.I have identical ones on my T100.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I bought some of these: from on eBay

Honestly, for under $40 you can't go wrong, and they're well made CNC cut parts.
Adjustment goes from a bit too close to a bit too far out :)
Just find the same Chinese made items from a US seller.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Actually, want some folding and adjustable ones with a Triumph badge? Just did a quick search on my favourite "Where do the dealerships buy from?" website, and found them for US$34:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Titanium-Black-8-Colors-CNC-Adjustable-Folding-Extendable-Motorcycle-Brake-Clutch-Levers-For-Triumph-THRUXTON-2016/32768627192.html

I use the middle fingers on each hand to brake/clutch, so the shorties are just about 20mm too short for comfort. I put up with them, but would prefer the extra length, so I just ordered a pair of these ones in "Sliver black" (sic).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice ,with the Triumph logo.Adjustable length is a good idea,I went that way for the T100,but went with the shorties for the Pazzos.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Actually, want some folding and adjustable ones with a Triumph badge? Just did a quick search on my favourite "Where do the dealerships buy from?" website, and found them for US$34:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Titanium-Black-8-Colors-CNC-Adjustable-Folding-Extendable-Motorcycle-Brake-Clutch-Levers-For-Triumph-THRUXTON-2016/32768627192.html

I use the middle fingers on each hand to brake/clutch, so the shorties are just about 20mm too short for comfort. I put up with them, but would prefer the extra length, so I just ordered a pair of these ones in "Sliver black" (sic).

Wow, a toy you store for motor heads. Nice find :grin2:

·
Registered
2012 Street Triple R 2016 Thruxton R
2,097 Posts
I'm still searching for the "Long" clutch lever from the actual Triumph Street Twin and/or T120 accessory lever kit (A9628054-Long/Standard). I look on ebay from time to time, hoping someone listed one either from a bike they are parting out that had one installed & and still in new condition. Or From someone who may have bought both the 'Short' & 'Long" kits to have a long brake lever & short clutch lever. (I've seen people go that route, although not my preference.)

I already have the factory Black Brembo brake lever I found new on ebay for next no nothing. Hence why I'm searching for just the Triumph clutch one. They both look a little less "MotoGP'ish" as well... I tried ordering just the clutch lever from my dealer (T2041338), but it's already been over 4 weeks of waiting, and they just confirmed it should be here in "another 3 weeks", so it's probably never happening. So if anyone reading this has one they would like to sell, just PM me. Cheers.

Ps... Yes, I am well aware that they are a total rip-off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have used a couple of the off brands on Ebay... and I have had some pretty decent lick with them..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts