Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting the rizoma spy arm mirrors for my R. Would like to get the matching rizoma bar ends as well but the distributor cannot figure out which bar ends would be correct as there are quite a few to pick from. Want the silver mirrors and bar ends, anyone have any kinda insight into which bar ends would be correct?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Check out newbonneville.com. They have the Rizoma mirrors for Thruxton R and bar ends. Great looking mirrors but damn are they pricey.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Looks fantastic. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
2016 Thruxton R
69 Posts
Hello there!
I've been in limbo on purchase of a pair of Spy-Arms for my own Thruxton R due to the fact that MotovationUSA is having trouble verifying compatibility with the stock bars on the R. (Holiday season seems to be bogging this verification process down).

Will you explain what the small modifications that you made to the bar-ends were? If it doesn't sound too daunting, I'll likely just go ahead and order a set.

Thank you greatly...

Well I finally got those Rizoma Spy arm mirrors. Really impressed with the quality Just had to modify the bar ends a bit. Think the aluminum finished mirrors suit the bike way better. Going to put the Rizoma brake fluid reservoir on it too.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered mine with the standard bar ends that come supplied with the mirrors. I should have taken pictures of the modified bar ends. You could do the modifications with a dremel in an hour. Basically the bars on the Thruxton R already come with a half inch hanging out to attach mirror. The rizoma bar ends also are machined flat for a half inch to attach mirrors. I cut all but 1/8 " off and machined it to fit inside the Thruxton bars. One probably doesn't even need to be that fancy, I'm sure the flat portion could just be cut off completely. Then i bought a shorter SS allen bolt to hold bar ends on.
Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
2016 Thruxton R
69 Posts
I ordered mine with the standard bar ends that come supplied with the mirrors. I should have taken pictures of the modified bar ends. You could do the modifications with a dremel in an hour. Basically the bars on the Thruxton R already come with a half inch hanging out to attach mirror. The rizoma bar ends also are machined flat for a half inch to attach mirrors. I cut all but 1/8 " off and machined it to fit inside the Thruxton bars. One probably doesn't even need to be that fancy, I'm sure the flat portion could just be cut off completely. Then i bought a shorter SS allen bolt to hold bar ends on.
Hope that helps.
Thank you, sir. I will say that this is helpful in that it appears (despite my meager technical & mechanical skills) that I may (or may not :) have success at accomplishing something similar. I've gone ahead and ordered a set of the Spy-Arms (on back-order until mid-January unfortunately) with the assurance from MotovationUSA that I can return them if mounting becomes problematic for me. It seems the shipping date coincides with Rizoma in Italy returning from Holiday, and perhaps that is when the 'horses mouth' verdict on compatibility/mounting methods will become available as well.
Cheers

Jonathan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts