Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Little kids were making fun of me when I came to a stop at a traffic light... I heard one yell out something like, "Nice giant rear fender from the 1930's... Dork!"

I had no comeback... He was right... I closed my tinted visor, and putted away in shame... As they all pointed, and laughed hysterically at the giant fender needed to support the weight of the humongous red taillight that belongs at the top of a lighthouse... Thanks Triumph.
LMAO :laughhard
U should have slapped those kids silly - till they remembered they didn't even have their license!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am quickly realizing I'm in the FAR MINORITY here, but I actually prefer the stock fender over these FEK's I'm seeing. Personally, the FEK looks like a giant plastic tail hanging off the rear fairing and looks more "tacked on" to me than the functional fender that 1) makes the bike look old school and 2) keeps mud out of your butt. I will say that I'm all for smaller turn signals and tidying up the tail, but I feel pretty close to being there after I removed all the reflectors. I might pull the turn signals in so the stalks aren't as long (front and back) but that looks pretty good to me. To each their own, though.

F*ck the little kids at stop lights... ;) Sleep with their mothers! Oi.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I tend to agree with Primo although nice thing about the rear turn signal is that is where I hang my helmet. It worked great while I was at the Brewtown Rumble on Sat. I guess we will have to see what the rest of the aftermarket comes up with.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts