Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1281 - 1289 of 1289 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, it should have been only the 2nd set. The very first set I received was not what I had ordered. So they were only on my bike for about a minute and never had the bike’s engine running while installed for that minute, then immediately sent back... The 2nd set I received from SC-Project were the correct ones that I initially ordered. And they were on my bike for a few miles/months. Then I saw a video someone uploaded on YouTube of the Arrow headers (which I have on my bike) paired with the Cone Short mufflers. That was the particular sound I wanted (everyone has their own taste in personal bike sound, so let’s not start that waste of internet again). And now that’s the sound I have.

And yes, I like the sound (just much louder, rather than different) from the Cone’s more than the SC-Project’s... I slightly liked that unique modern/vintage look of the SC-Project slip-ons more... But I prefer the personal gain/like in sound of the Cone’s slightly more than the unique look of the SC-Project’s... Hopefully that makes sense. Cheers.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm torn between the BC Predator Pro (the version that is almost the same length as the stock exhaust) or the Cone Short Mufflers.

They both look good on the bike. It's about sound quality as the deciding factor.

Help!! Which one of the two should I get?!?!

·
Registered
897 Posts
I'm torn between the BC Predator Pro (the version that is almost the same length as the stock exhaust) or the Cone Short Mufflers.

They both look good on the bike. It's about sound quality as the deciding factor.

That’s easy. You should get the ones that produce the sound YOU like the best. :smile2:

As best as I can tell, both sound great. But a major factor is whether you’ve removed the cat or not and then whether you want loud or really loud. The shorties without cat are most likely going to be loudest.

·
Registered
80 Posts

If you removed the rear fender, I would go with a short style muffler because of the visual proportions. Otherwise, stick with something similar to stock length

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just installed Cone Engineering Shorty Performers on my bike, which also has a Meercat x-pipe installed. Sounds great. I was initially worried that it would be too loud - it's not. Standing about 5' behind my idling bike, i read the sound at 85dB on my iPhone. However, when i rev'd it - a lady taking a picture of her friend next to me jumped a few inches into the air. At some point, i'll take another reading whilst revving.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just installed Cone Engineering Shorty Performers on my bike, which also has a Meercat x-pipe installed. Sounds great. I was initially worried that it would be too loud - it's not. Standing about 5' behind my idling bike, i read the sound at 85dB on my iPhone. However, when i rev'd it - a lady taking a picture of her friend next to me jumped a few inches into the air. At some point, i'll take another reading whilst revving.

Mine (also had the Cones) always scares someone when I give it a quick rev haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2 Posts
Trying to find a new (or used) OEM left hand silencer for my ‘15 Thruxton. New to the motorcycle game and wondering what my best option is. The shop near me wants about $425. That seems excessive, but perhaps I’m wrong... I really don’t know.
Finding them online, there seems to be wildly varying prices. From $100 for used ones on EBay, to $120-$375 on Bike Bandit.
Further along there seems to be different types for the Thruxton on Bike Bandit (based on VIN number perhaps?). Not sure how to tell which one I even need. I am in California if that makes a difference, I know we have strict emissions laws.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1281 - 1289 of 1289 Posts