Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

601 - 620 of 1289 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
So pissed... I've been waiting for these stupid things to arrive since the beginning of October... They finally get here today... And, of course, they are the incorrect ones.
I special ordered the 'Short-Race' SC Project slip-on's in black... What I received was the 'Street-Legal' Long slip-on's... So pissed... The whole experience was unprofessional & half-asssed... Just sending back, getting a refund. (I'm sure that will be a hassle as well.) I suppose I'll just go with the black V&H 'US' slip-on's... Attached is an image of what one looked like real quick. I may have just kept them... But they are the quieter homologated ones. *sigh*

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
So pissed... I've been waiting for these stupid things to arrive since the beginning of October... They finally get here today... And, of course, they are the incorrect ones.
I special ordered the 'Short-Race' SC Project slip-on's in black... What I received was the 'Street-Legal' Long slip-on's... So pissed... The whole experience was unprofessional & half-asssed... Just sending back, getting a refund. (I'm sure that will be a hassle as well.) I suppose I'll just go with the black V&H 'US' slip-on's... Attached is an image of what one looked like real quick. I may have just kept them... But they are the quieter homologated ones. *sigh*
Sh*t! I have been looking forward to you getting those since you first mentioned them. I would be seriously pissed off!

Although they do look good....

Damn.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
@andybeneath
@miglan20
Thanks man... I actually do (did) like them, aesthetically... But the larger/longer ones they sent me, are ONLY homologated, with no removable Db killer. Therefor 'street legal'... Therefore as quite, if not slightly quieter, than the stock ones the bike comes with. Otherwise I may have just kept them. Cheers.

So yeah, super pissed. I know things could be worse. I mean, at least I have the bike... But man, what a reeeeeeeeeally long blue-ball.

Ps... Haha!! I know, right!? That sprocket cover stands out like dog's balls! I'm just going to wait till Triumph comes out with some 'whatever edition' in 2018 or 19 of a Thrux-1200 or Thrux-R with black engine cases & sprocket cover stock... Then I'll order it right away. I don't trust myself 'trying' to match the color & texture of the factory black powder. It will be slightly off, and just mess with my messed up self. wink

·
Registered
491 Posts
FAQ! Sh--itty deal cuffs! I'd be super pissed if I was you as well man....The VH pipes would seem to meet your wants if I remember correctly.....a little more sound ( minus the DB killers) without a decAt......but if you aren't tottaly sold on the VH pipes, I id just try and be patient....you can always pull the trigger just before spring if nothing new has come around that your happy with.....any way....sorry SC let you down buddy......all you have to do is read the news on any day of the week to know things could be worse....a lot worse......but ya SC can still go F themselves.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
@Mackk
Ha! Thanks man. *thumbs-up*
And yeah, you're right. Could always be way worse.

I finally stopped stomping my feet like a spoiled brat, chilled out, and I'm over it... And you're right... If nothing cooler comes along by April, then I'll just order the black V&H. Good talk for sure.

·
Registered
672 Posts
@SirCuffsalot:
You have no luck .. it is a pity that these pipes are not the expected ones.
I find these SC very beautiful but are homologated.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Damn... So sorry you were the guinea pig on this one. My experience with SC had me waiting 8 weeks, but I thought that was due to the Euro/August vacation paradigm. This sucks because the can looks good on your bike (perfect match and all that), but... wow. Settles it for me. I'm off to plan B - I got a quote from a local welder & I bought tools to start cutting just yesterday, but was having second thoughts before diving in and told myself I'd sleep on it. Woke up this morning to find the SC dream is a no-go. I'm heading off to TriRocket3 land...

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
@looseparts
Let us know how it comes out!
... Two things were kind of a surprise to me when I opened the box. (Besides it being the wrong exhaust.)
1. Where the pipe slides onto the header, the inlet opening to the exhaust didn't have a a large enough diameter to allow the use of the exhaust gasket, nor did it have one of those 'relief-cuts' to allow the exhaust clamp to flex the pipe closed once the clamp is tightened down on it.
2. The mounting hole on the exhaust flange for up by where a passenger foot peg would go... That hole was just large enough to fit the bolt through. So you couldn't retain the use of the nice rubber grommet or the washer... So it's just the metal of the exhaust against the inside of the black-painted metal frame. Thus, making it so the hex-bolt sticks through roughly an extra inch & a half. Plus, if you don't go to the hardware store and purchase a new washer, the stock nut you are to reuse, is threaded against the back of the mounting hole on the exhaust mounting flange.

Obviously these aren't 'major' issues... But they are a big company, and this is all they do. And let's just say these were on the more expensive side of the spectrum, when compared to all the other Thruxton slip-on's currently available.
... Hmmm, maybe if/when I get a refund for the pipes, I could instead use that money for the million dollar black wheels in the spring, since no one makes a black exhaust that I'm really crazy about currently.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
@Mackk
Thanks for pics!
Man, that's the exact look I wanted on my bike. Too bad they sent me the wrong ones. Would definitely be worth the wait, if they could get their act together. I'll see what they say when they open back up on Monday morning. (If they even do anything. I'm sure I'll have to call them and twist their arm for me to give them my money.)

... Looking at that guy's pictures, it looks like he didn't even use an exhaust clamp where it fits onto the header... When I slid the ones they sent me on my bike for the picture I posted, i noticed that it wasn't a tight fit. But kind of an exact fit. (So not possible to use the little exhaust gasket-ring.) And like I typed before, there was no 'relief-cut', so it didn't seem like it was even supposed to be 'clamped'... I thought that was kinda weird... There were no instructions included, nor any on the site to be sure. #Weak

·
Registered
126 Posts
Might have to order those anyone know best place to order sc project shorties from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

601 - 620 of 1289 Posts