Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
I have an interesting proposition for a few members since I don't know when I'll get down to Australia to run Lake Gardiner.

In August 2021 I am planning to go back to Bonneville, the vlogger The Missenden Flyer is planning on being my co-rider at this event.

I'd like to offer up three positions crew positions for 2021 to: Meerkat, Ashman, Tricolour, Wachuko, Ranger995, Vitesse, and AJ Cycles.

I know it would be long way to come and pretty expensive, we leave from Boise Idaho. I do cover entrance fees, hotel rooms, food and drinks on the salt.

Generally we arrive on the Salt 2nd Friday in August and leave the following Wednesday or Thursday.

This is for 2021 Not next year. Give it some thought if you ever wanted to see Bonneville then being part of it is the best way.
Nnnnn

Attachments

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I have an interesting proposition for a few members since I don't know when I'll get down to Australia to run Lake Gardiner.

In August 2021 I am planning to go back to Bonneville, the vlogger The Missenden Flyer is planning on being my co-rider at this event.

I'd like to offer up three crew positions for 2021 to: Meerkat, Ashman, Tricolour, Wachuko, Ranger995, Vitesse, and AJ Cycles.

I know it would be long way to come and pretty expensive, we leave from Boise Idaho. I do cover entrance fees, hotel rooms, food and drinks on the salt.
THINKING.

Generally we arrive on the Salt 2nd Friday in August and leave the following Wednesday or Thursday.

This is for 2021 Not next year. Give it some thought if you ever wanted to see Bonneville then being part of it is the best way.
THINKING

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

I'd like to offer up three crew positions for 2021 to: Meerkat, Ashman, Tricolour, Wachuko, Ranger995, Vitesse, and AJ Cycles.

If all goes well, I am in!!! Well, I just need to run it by my wife :grin2: ... But I am game!!

Now... I have a small Class B RV... do I drive over and use that as my hotel facilities, or fly over... hummm... I can make this a awesome adventure to get there...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
If all goes well, I am in!!! Well, I just need to run it by my wife :grin2: ... But I am game!!

Now... I have a small Class B RV... do I drive over and use that as my hotel facilities, or fly over... hummm... I can make this a awesome adventure to get there...

Excellent!!! About this time next year I'll contact those interested with details.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Interesting..for me anyway. Generally it takes me 90 to 91 seconds to get up to 140 mph on the salt.

It takes 48 seconds to get to 146 mph on asphalt, 38 seconds to get to 143 mph.

My wondering mind goes to how fast with the proper gearing could a Thruxton R go on asphalt given the same 90 seconds?

Anybody got a spare 90 seconds of asphalt to spare?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Interesting..for me anyway. Generally it takes me 90 to 91 seconds to get up to 140 mph on the salt.

My wondering mind goes to how fast with the proper gearing could a Thruxton R go on asphalt given the same 90 seconds?

From a standing start no but if you don't mind a 130 mph bend before the straight I have a couple of possibilities you'd only need a couple of spotters .>:)0:):wink2:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts

I know for a fact you have roads not so far from your home where you can go as fast as you dare, because I've done it there, years ago on Blackbirds and 'Busas. Aside from knowing what it feels like to go 270, or 280 kmh and not really wanting to go there again for self preservation sake, what would really hold me back nowadays is what the cops would do if they caught you. Up here they'd impound your bike, put you in jail, fine you large, and then make you famous by putting you on the evening news. Serious behaviour modification.

It's interesting you say it took an extra 10 seconds to get 3 more mph. I remember my Blackbird would get to 240 kmh like nothing and then every additional 5 kmh felt like wringing out a wet towel.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
@retjustdad53

I'm honored to be invited to take part. I am going to tentatively say yes, and work out a plan.

That sounds like a blast. Thanks for thinking of me.
You are the closest of the invitees. You are also the third and final crew member. If other invitees later accept then I will put them as backups in the order they accept.

This next part is for you, Ashman and Wachuko.

We are roughly 24 months from the event itself so I understand things can and will change. In December 2020 I will need to nail down commitments because I will need to finalize logistics and reservations.

I find for my safety and sanity is to plan early, prepare early so when we depart everything was done a few weeks earlier.

For the most part I take of everything in terms of logistics, packing, and bike preparation. Until we get through the technical inspection it is on me. Once we get through the technical inspection the crew takes over...I just ride.

Since you all are new to Bonneville either myself or an experienced crew member will let you know what is going on.

Right now there will be two riders and four crew members. One of the crew will be one that has been a couple times.

You'll get to see and visit with everyone out on the course as well as the pits.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts