Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently bought a set of ASV C5 Brake & Clutch Levers from A&J Cycles to install on a 2019 Thruxton R.

When I brought the bike to my local Triumph dealership to get the levers and a bunch of other goodies installed, they said they've had multiple issues with the ASV Levers in the past....due to something about a "clutch pin" that also communicates with the fuel level gauge, etc.

On bikes that have ASV's installed, customers would bring the bike back with some issues and then as soon as a stock lever was re-mounted, the problems went away. They said they would install them for me if I really wanted them to, but they highly discouraged it.

Has anyone else experienced or heard of this? Is there a better lever choice such as CRG or Pazzo for the Thruxton R? Any part #'s would be appreciated also, as the Thruxton R is specific with the Brembo set up also.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
27 Posts
i don't have any experience with the ASV's you mention, but I have been using the cheapest ebay brake and clutch levers for two years without any problems (besides the color fading...). I am not sure what ASV could possibly be doing wrong. I would say it is a relatively easy install to swap them in and out. The little boot on the brake is the trickiest part. Give it a try? Worst case, go back to stock.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-TRIUMPH-SPEED-TRIPLE-R-THRUXTON-R-16-19-CNC-Brake-Clutch-Levers-Shorty-Long/123646894554?hash=item1cc9ede1da:m:moZ74Umr8lTLh1CBlPt9pUA

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I think they mean the clutch switch, sometimes aftermarket levers won't operate the switch correctly.
Apart from the safety function at startup the ECU monitors the clutch switch input for other purposes, apparently one of these is to stop the fuel gauge updating when the clutch is in, it could even cause a ECU to select incorrect fuel and ignition maps.
if you look at the two levers side by side it may just need a tiny bit filing off or something as easy as that.

I've still got the original levers on my Thruxton but have unbranded Chinese levers on my Daytona despite all the naysayers they still work great and Look as good as new 5 years later.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I got the Pazzo levers soon after i got my TTR. Short one on clutch side and longer on the brake side. Installed myself and after 3 yrs no issues.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've got Pazzo levers as well. Ended up with a gauge readout problem after the install until I figured out I had broken the clutch pin off during the clutch lever install. My local stealership replaced it under warranty and 3 years later I'm still trouble free!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Pazzoz seems nice but at ~$200 are a little pricey. Searching for "Thruxton R levers" shows many products in $23-50 range which looks nice and claimed to work with Thruxton. Did anyone try any of these? For example:
  1. Amazon.com: WildBee Double Colors Black Grey Short Adjustable Motorcycle Brake Clutch Levers Set for Triumph THRUXTON R 2016-2018, 765 Street Triple R (NOT RS Version) 2017-2018: Automotive
  2. Amazon.com: WildBee Double Colors Black Grey Short Adjustable Motorcycle Brake Clutch Levers Set for Triumph THRUXTON R 2016-2018, 765 Street Triple R (NOT RS Version) 2017-2018: Automotive
  3. https://amzn.to/37J2ETu
I am fairly happy with the stock ones, but I want them black :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts