Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I like the original Thruxton panniers and I'm wondering whether they'll fit on my Bonneville with a Corbin Gunfighter&Lady seat.

Does the pannier set come with some kind of rack or spring protection??? Can it be mounted under the seat or is it just a throwover instalation???

Thanx

·
30,184 Posts
What panniers are you referring to? If you mean the triumph city bags, they will fit. Link here.

The Triumph fabric panniers will fit too - they use the same rail system.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Thruxton Panniers would certinly fit a Bonnie . They come with the standard bungies and such and not springs or anything . I would however recommend some kind of pannier bracket for your Bonnie . My Thruxton rear wheel ate 2 sets of panniers on me and luckily didn't suck the bag into the wheel and kill me . I bought these and they work great .
http://www.newbonneville.com/html/luggage_brackets.html

As for the Thruxton Panniers for the money they are you can get better out there . Oxford and Recon make a great pannier for a lot less and of the same if not better quality than the Triumph.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi guys... Thanx for the posts... The set I was specially interested is this:

*Link to organic food store removed temporarily by propforward*

I thought there was some kind of rack behind the bag... Correct me if I'm wrong...

·
30,184 Posts
Uh...........

The link you had in there took me to some online store selling organic foods from new zealand. Very nice I'm sure, but you might want to double check and post the correct link.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh those ones. Yes they use the same mounting method as the city bags and other fabric bags. They will fit with the corbin just fine.
Well I don't see any rails at the picture... It seems like these are mere throw-over installation...

·
30,184 Posts
They don't make a point of showing the rails, but I am pretty sure they use the same ones as the city bags. Call your dealer and have them find out for sure though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts