Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum, picking up a Thruxton in a couple of days.( see pic ). Bob Farnham big bore with some other mods .

I want to get a new Tank for it as I'm not keen on the standard one and don't like the yellow paint job much,
Could you recommend a good tank to go with the standard seat and a good Tank / seat combo .
Are the Tanks easy to fit or would I need tom get a dealer to do it ?

Looking forward to some interesting discussions on the forum and riding the Thrux next if the weather in Blighty gets better.
cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Welcome - interested to hear what the big bore kit is like and how much it cost and is it worth it etc!
Have you checked Norman Hyde out as they do a larger tank - the TX - plus matching seat.
http://normanhyde.co.uk/search.php?parent=13&tag=22
A bit pricey mind you!
I have his Thrux rearset kit and it is much better than stock.
Don't confuse weather in England with the excellent weather we are getting in Scotland!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh Scotland when the weather's good is brilliant.
I was up in Perth a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic.

The Norman Hyde Tank is very pricey isn't it . I've just seen another thread with a Baker tank on for £300 wich looked cool.

The bike had all the mods done before I bought it so I'm not sure about the cost, but when I test rode it the engine was awesome and sounded really great with big carbs and special exhausts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum, picking up a Thruxton in a couple of days.( see pic ). Bob Farnham big bore with some other mods .

I want to get a new Tank for it as I'm not keen on the standard one and don't like the yellow paint job much,
Could you recommend a good tank to go with the standard seat and a good Tank / seat combo .
Are the Tanks easy to fit or would I need tom get a dealer to do it ?

Looking forward to some interesting discussions on the forum and riding the Thrux next if the weather in Blighty gets better.
cheers
Jimmy
Welcome to the club from a fellow born & bred Cheshire lad! (A while ago, mind!)
Terry Baker in Wales makes real nice alloy tanks but I don't know if they'll work with the existing seat or not. There's also the tank shop in Scotland but both of these have huge lead times usually in excess of 4 months listening to all the guys on here talk.
Anyway take your time and read up and do searches on the forum - there's a ton of useful info out there - this whole readership has a wealth of knowledge, useful tips and experience.
Anyway enjoy & be safe
Cheers
Steve
PS Nice looking bike too!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Steve
Where abouts in Cheshire are you from ?
I noticed a nice bike (Scruxton) on another thread in CA and the guy hailed originaly from Biddulph.
It's a small world !

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thanks Steve
Where abouts in Cheshire are you from ?
I noticed a nice bike (Scruxton) on another thread in CA and the guy hailed originaly from Biddulph.
It's a small world !
Use to live in Altrincham til I left for Canada in 94 - been over the Atlantic since then. Born in Grappenhall (nr Warrington)!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts