Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I am an ex site member who can't remember his old Handle! I had a 790 Bonnie for a couple of years, TOR pipes, shorty rear and drop bars. So not really a newb but I need some advice. I am plannig on coming back to Triumph and will be buying a Thruxton in the next couple of weeks. Question is..EFI or Carb. I must admit I wasn't keen on the new style bars on the EFI bikes they seemed to get be a bit too sensible but it makes me wonder just how uncomfortable the pre EFI bikes are. I am just under 6 feet and when I sit on the old Thrux it doesn't feel that extreme at all but I would be interested to hear from anyone my size who has done more than a blat round the block. Also, regarding the engines is there much difference...again, interested in pro's and con's :) Finally, handling...the new bikes have different geometry...does it make any diffference? My heart is set on the old bike but before I take the plunge I would just like to hear some real feedback to help decision making process!

Thanks in advance. Really looking forward to getting into the site again, it was by far the best bike forum I have been involved in.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.