Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

Finally getting around to doing something about the rather impotent sounding OEM exhaust on the Thruxton (2013 EFI) and looking for sound (ha ha) advice on simply swapping out the cans for aftermarket universal, better sounding ones.. OR.. if the end result in terms of cost (mufflers, adapters, clamps, etc) would justify buying either a TEC system (which I have heard and seen).. OR what I believe is a better looking system the Danmoto Highwayman 2 into 1. Problem is I cant find any pics or better yet videos (sound) of the danmoto on a Thruxton or a Bonneville or any Triumph for that matter. Any advice from anyone who has swapped out the cans for universal (shorter) cans or equally from anyone who actually has the danmoto system on their bike would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to bump an old post, but this was the first search result. I've had no luck finding sound clips of the Highwayman, but I bit the bullet and bought one anyway. If there's any interest (or if I'm just bored) I'll get a video and hopefully capture the sound with decent mics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to bump an old post, but this was the first search result. I've had no luck finding sound clips of the Highwayman, but I bit the bullet and bought one anyway. If there's any interest (or if I'm just bored) I'll get a video and hopefully capture the sound with decent mics.
I got the Highwayman installed today, it's loud. Didn't even bother with sound clips, it's not what I'm into. I'll be pulling it back off in the next few days then selling it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Considered a TORS? I have Cone Shorties on my bike at the moment, but it's loud. The TORS exhaust was a similar sound but way quieter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts