Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -
I'm finishing my Ducati monster cafe racer project and want to incorporate a Thruxton style mini cafe fairing on my bike. The type in this photo:

Unfortunately the closest Triumph dealer is not really local to me and I need the dimensions of the Thrux headlight so i'll know whether the part is compatible on my Monster headlight before I order one. Could someone please do a little measuring of the diameter of their headlight, dia of the headlight ring, overall depth of the headlight and bucket, depth to the side screws from the lens, etc.? Some detail photos of your headlight and/or mini fairing would also be terrific if it's not too much to ask. I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks and best regards,
Mark
:)

·
Registered
592 Posts
I believe it is an 7" reflector lens, making the total headlamp around 7.5" or so.... I've been searching the forum looking for corroborating evidence..

haven't found any.. but, I have a cibie reflector in my bike that is this model:
http://www.teilesuche24.de/ersatzteile/hauptscheinwerfer,valeo_82438

and the diameter is 178mm, which comes out to ~7"... so, I'm pretty sure that's correct. The lip around it can't be more than 3/4", IMO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it is an 7" reflector lens, making the total headlamp around 7.5" or so.... I've been searching the forum looking for corroborating evidence..

haven't found any.. but, I have a cibie reflector in my bike that is this model:
http://www.teilesuche24.de/ersatzteile/hauptscheinwerfer,valeo_82438

and the diameter is 178mm, which comes out to ~7"... so, I'm pretty sure that's correct. The lip around it can't be more than 3/4", IMO.
Hi hobbes80. Thanks for the info. If that's the case the Thrux mini fairing ought to be an easy bolt-on with some trimming for my Monster turn signals. That's good news!

I certainly appreciate the help.
Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi guys. Just following up on this thread in case anyone is interested. I did install the Thrux fairing on my Monster and it was a fairly easy task. Ended up fabbing up some turn signal brackets and extensions, and had to make a lower support bracket for the fairing. But other than those minor issues everything was a breeze. Here's the finished product which, I think, turned out really well!

Cheers all!
Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep thats nice
Thanks Nickwiz! :D

My Monster has been a labour of love for about 5 years. The bike has gone through a lot of upgrading to make it a sort of neo-cafe racer. It was built in the spirit of the cafe bikes (great handling chassis, lightweight components and a very powerful motor) rather then built to emulate them. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out, and I think the Thruxton fairing really ties the whole thing together.

BTW, there are some simply awesome cafe bikes on this board!
:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts